An almost natural experience

bklove

We got married 4/07
Reaction score
Malcolm made his appearance on August 17th at 8:31am and I’m finally getting a chance to write his story, even though I should be sleeping It all started on midday Monday the 16th at the Doctors office. We were there for a routine sono and check up. The sono chick did her thing and then shared she was concerned about the babies weight; he had consistently not improved as much as he could even though he was at 6lbs and change. She didn’t feel comfortable sending me home and wanted me to go to the hospital to be induced. She spoke to the doctor who casually agreed, I think more so because she didn’t want to disagree with her colleague and she ordered me straight to the hospital :saywhat:.
Well we went straight to the Chinese restaurant for some lunch, then home to get our stuff. I mean the baby wasn’t in distress, and I would probably be there for awhile so might as well eat and get our stuff together. 3 hours later we get to the hospital and the doctor there is like what happened they told us it was an emergency and you would be right over. Then he laughed and goes I know you went for your last supper, probably went home had that last minute woopie. We laughed then discussed the matter at hand. We were opposed to being induced because we were so close to our due date, Friday, and we wanted to let it happen naturally, even get to labor at home, etc. He pretty much gave us the medical it may not be safe but I can’t force you to stay here and be induced speech which made it harder to decide what to do. We didn’t want to put bubs in jeopardy, but we knew induction meant potocin which could be c-section, and no where near what we wanted.
He finally agreed to monitor the baby and see what’s going on We were ok with that. Turns out I was having irregular contractions and just had no idea!:shrug: It’s about 4p now. He then checked me and from Friday (my last doctor appointment) to Monday I was 2cm. So the combination of those 2 bought us more time and he agreed to wait till morning to see what happened and he would induce me if anything. He then went home.
Not to long after the NICU doctors came in…our baby had a suspected heart condition…and they tell us they aren’t equipped to handle it at that hospital and the baby would be transferred at birth to another hospital. We lost our mind after that because we were told everything would be there for him and we didn’t want to be separated from the baby. I was ready to pull out my own iv and walk to the next hospital, because I sure wasn’t staying there. It was crazy to because they had no idea how to discharge me once I said I wanted to leave, apparently no one ever leaves that hospital, if anything it’s the one everyone goes to!
They finally figured out they would transfer me to the other hospital that is equipped for baby. The doctor who just got home had to come right back to do the paper work. And at that point we didn’t think he’d be our doctor, but in the process he found out he still had privileges at that other hospital even though he last delivered a baby there in 1986!

Ok, I know this is long so I’ll fast forward. We get to the other hospital, wasn’t as fancy as our last one and when they check me I’m 5cm, and still not really in a lot of pain. Its about 10p now. After that things just kicked up and started coming regularly. I went to the bathroom sometime around 1am and peed, got up and was still leaking but I knew I had stopped peeing, which meant, water broke! They checked me but weren’t sure, but didn’t matter pain kept coming, hubby had to keep rubbing my back and I kept breathing, and tried to get out of bed and switch positions which helped, it was rough being stuck to the monitor and not being able to be mobile as we wanted, but it was still mostly bearable, till it got to about 1minute apart. Then it was ROUGH when the pain peaked, and I just couldn’t do it anymore and asked for the epidural.

Anyshoes, I was feeling a little pressure, that I need to poop pressure. They checked me right before the needle and I was 8cm, but was still afraid to go ahead and not be able to take the pain so took the needle. I think if I had a doula or just a more experienced birth coach I would have went ahead with that support. Anyway, had to sit still through the contractions for the epidural needle, very difficult, then things just eased up. At about 6a we started pushing but I wasn’t doing anything so he turned down the epi, but still nothing, so he turned it off and then I felt the pressure with contractions which helped with pushing. I remember being thirsty, I wanted to drink my Gatorade so bad but they wouldn’t let me, just stinkin ice chips. Close to the time the pressure was crazy intense and boom, pushed him out, he just flew out like a slip and slide. I popped a few blood vessels in my eyes I was pushing so hard and he flew out so fast that I got a 2nd degree tear. I did poop during the process to, was embarrassed, but everyone does it. Also got tired towards the end but I didn’t want to stop because I was afraid it would mean a csection so held on. I was so relieved after he was out, the last few pushes I was like pull him out, just pull him out the pressure was so bad, but they wouldn’t, lol. But baby came on his own, he said to hell with being induced! All 6lbs 10oz. He was taken to NICU and his heart condition isn’t as bad as they thought, but he will potentially have to get it corrected and he didn’t need additional support like oxygen or anything, so that’s a blessing to. It took awhile to see him, I only got to hold him for like 30 seconds and dad didn’t even get to cut the cord things were going so fast. He finally got to go home about 4 days later, 2 days after me.

He honestly is our little miracle, and I thank God for him and this experience. I would definitely do this again and try to go all the way with out the drugs. And can I tell you weight wasn’t even an issue, he was just a tall skinny baby with big feet and hands.

https://i1013.photobucket.com/albums/af256/bkmanda/Mobile%20Uploads/th_0817001332.jpg
https://i1013.photobucket.com/albums/af256/bkmanda/Mobile%20Uploads/th_0821001735.jpg

He's very handsome, well done you!

Congrats, what a cutie! Not sure if you remember me from One Tubers but it is great to read your story, can't wait for my little man to be here now!

What a handsome little guy. Congrats. So pleased to hear that things are looking good.

He's lovely! Congratulations and well done you!

x

Wow how lucky he decided to come at that moment!! Congratulations, he is gorgeous x

amanda he's beautiful. Well done you, you must be so proud x x x

he's is just gorgeous! Congrats on your new addition. Glad to hear he is doing well and settling in at home with you. x

oh my congratulations hun.. he is adorable.
I see it says you're in NY, what hospitals did you go too??

Congrats! Thank God his heart is stronger than they had originally feared-AND that he was a normal weight....well done too fr not being manipulated into a delivery you didnt want!

congrats amanda he is a little cutie, cant wait to see more pics:hugs:

ipretti northshore manhasset then LIJ.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"