An open question, all thoughts welcome.

Gary

Reaction score
Hiya Ladies & Gents.

A few of you may remember me but for those that don't, 6 Months ago, after 10 years of trying for a family, my wife & I were blessed with the most beautiful bundle of joy that any couple could ever wish for.

At 43 (Me) & 38 we figured that it would never ever happen for us but it did & thats now history. The reason I'm posting is because we are both wondering whether we should try for another child or not. Now that may sound a little odd but after so many years without luck should we just say, forget it, we have been lucky so count our blessings, why put ourselves through the mixer again if we don't get lucky?

On one hand we would both absolutely love to have another child so that Ruby doesn't grow up alone but on the other hand can we bear to try & climb the same mountain again with all of it's potential lows :shrug:

Any thoughts, advice, encouragement will be most welcome x

Hello Gary-
Congratulations on your beautiful baby girl! I just turned 38 and my husband and I have been trying for a long time. I would def. want to have more then one child. I say go for it! Good luck & lots of :dust: to you and your wife!:hugs::hugs:

I think giving Ruby a sibling would be such a gift. Your wife is still young. If she is up for it, I say go for it! I would also imagine that it would not feel as empty and heartbreaking each month because you do have an adorable distraction...

Would she/ you regret not trying?

Thanks both of you.

Would she/ you regret not trying?

Indigo, that's a great point & one I certainly hadn't thought of until now.

I think you may have just hit the nail well & truly on the head :thumbup:

Is fear of failure keeping you from trying? That would be understandable after the length of time to have your first.

But, having more than 1 child is such a joy. The unique relationship that they have is so wonderful to witness as a parent.

If you try and fail, at least you tried. If you succeed. . . well, then you have another perfect little person to add to your family.

Best of luck to you.

I say go for it, i am 43 as is my dh and we are trying for our first, age is just a number, and if you both desire another baby then what is stopping you!!! Throw caution to the wind and see what happens!! Good luck, i sure hope you get your wish very soon!!

Congratulations to you and your wife :)

You obviously have a desire for a sibling for Ruby so I say go for it :thumbup:

You and your wife obviously have a strong relationship and as has been said you have the wonderful distraction of Ruby each month if it takes a while and if Ruby is to be your only blessing (praying that won't be the case) then at least you will have given it your best try :)

Hiya Ladies & Gents.

A few of you may remember me but for those that don't, 6 Months ago, after 10 years of trying for a family, my wife & I were blessed with the most beautiful bundle of joy that any couple could ever wish for.

At 43 (Me) & 38 we figured that it would never ever happen for us but it did & thats now history. The reason I'm posting is because we are both wondering whether we should try for another child or not. Now that may sound a little odd but after so many years without luck should we just say, forget it, we have been lucky so count our blessings, why put ourselves through the mixer again if we don't get lucky?

On one hand we would both absolutely love to have another child so that Ruby doesn't grow up alone but on the other hand can we bear to try & climb the same mountain again with all of it's potential lows :shrug:

Any thoughts, advice, encouragement will be most welcome x

first of all congrats! wow 10 years of trying! may I ask if you needed to have any medical help or did it happen naturally?

I think you should go for it, your journey might feel less stressful 2nd time around as you are already blessed with your gorgeous girl. and at least you will always look back and know that you tried.

I am 38 and trying for my first since last year, I have decided to slowly go for medications and treatments to help us give our bfp earlier than later, as I would like to try for another after (unless I have twins or triplets from clomid!!!)

I agree...do it, I'm sure if nothing else you will both have fun while trying ;-)

Plus after having one 6 months ago you may be lucky and it may actually be easier

Thank you all for you kind words & encouragement.

Maybe see you all in here very soon :winkwink:

first of all congrats! wow 10 years of trying! may I ask if you needed to have any medical help or did it happen naturally?

Sarah, this is a link to a post in a thread I started in here way back in October last year, this specific post explains how after many years of trying it just happened for us.

Good luck & love to you all

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->