An update

alyxzandra

Mom to Sebastian
Reaction score
I've had very little time to myself or to go on BNB, which I really miss. My poor Sebastian was back in hospital last week because of an upper respiratory infection. I am no longer breastfeeding, but even on the bottle he was greedy. My neighbours have come to my rescue after many sleepless nights.

Because he was never satisfied and would practically suck the whole bottle into his face, one neighbour whose son is only 2 weeks older suggested switching to SMA white for hungrier babies. And for his last night feed to give him a small amount of Farleys Rusk with formula before his bottle. Worked like a charm and he slept for 5 hours straight!!! And now he is sleeping for 3-4 hours at a time. He also had colic and is now on Infacol and we are both happy. And one neighbour, who adores him, will be having him for the day once a week. She lives right next door and is retired. A third neighbour has offered to take him a few hours if it becomes too much and Dave's mom is coming over once a week to cook and help out. I am so grateful for all the support.

I am finally catching up on some sleep and feel more human. I cannot believe he is 1 month old! His grandmother adores him and my dad will be here from California in 3 weeks to meet him. I hope to catch up on all the births and will hopefully post my birth story when I get the chance.

I see Leeanne has given birth...a big congrats! :D

:hug: Glad you and he are both doing well now and that you have such a great support system :hugs:

Im pleased you're both doing well and it sounds like you have great support there :)

xxx

so pleased ur all ok sounds like u have lots of friends to help u out hun :hug: x

hey alex :wave:

sorry my reply text was so late the other night lol ... oh and a bit of an essay!!

sorry about the bf-ing.... not sure how long Ill be keeping at it either :(
on formula she always goes like anywhere between 4 and 5 and half hour. On breast milk sometimes she doesnt even settle and she wants more lol!!

This lack of sleep thing is so tough ey.....

big :hugs:

wow what wonderful neibours you have. glad things are getting better for you

Glad to see you have much support. I hope Sebaatians infection clears up really soon for you hun xXx

I'm tempted to move to Dartford and live near your neighbours!

Sorry that Sebastian has been poorly, it must've been awful for you having him back in hospital :( I hope that he gets completely better and you all enjoy the time with your Dad.

sorry to hear the trouble you was having hun...

glad everythings turned out ok :) and your neighbours are a god send !

xx

Aww sounds really nice you have all that support. I'm glad things are going well!!

hey alex :wave:

sorry my reply text was so late the other night lol ... oh and a bit of an essay!!

sorry about the bf-ing.... not sure how long Ill be keeping at it either :(
on formula she always goes like anywhere between 4 and 5 and half hour. On breast milk sometimes she doesnt even settle and she wants more lol!!

This lack of sleep thing is so tough ey.....

big :hugs:

I am still a complete train wreck. He did not sleep at all for 2 nights because he's congested. I gave up on breastfeeding and hope to see my Cambridge counsellor next week. I want my body back! I hope things are getting better for you.

I'm tempted to move to Dartford and live near your neighbours!

Sorry that Sebastian has been poorly, it must've been awful for you having him back in hospital :( I hope that he gets completely better and you all enjoy the time with your Dad.

I am very lucky with my neighbours! We all know each other and even when there are disagreements we always get them resolved. My son is at my neighbours place right now! :D

Glad all is better hun...Lots of love xx

Sounds like you've been having a rough time but glad that everything is settling down and you and Sebastian are well!

:hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->