And so it finally ends.....

Harveysmum369

Mrs Christmas
Reaction score
https://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepa...-UNITED-br-EastEnders-Kat-gets-baby-back.html

Thank god for that!!!Went on far too long anyway.

I still feel that they didn't need the baby to die,Samantha Womack could have done a PND storyline a lot of justice,but then I guess that wouldn't have got the ratings...xx

Im glad too :D

Really losing interest in Easties at the mo though, everyones life is more topsy turvey than ever, there doesnt seem to be one single character that hasn't had many problems and is happy. everyone is soooo miserable on this show, its Easties at its extreme depressive now. :wacko:

Havent watched EE since Christmas before this all kicked off, since i become a mum this kinda thing really upsets me .. i know its only fiction but im so glad its over lol xx

yay cant wait to see that, i cant stand storylines that drag on and on

They are filming the outcome now, if you want to see what happens click the spolier below :D

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowb...-baby-Tommy-controversial-cot-death-plot.html

Too little too late for some i think. I havent watched it since Xmas and now I don't miss it. :shrug:

Thank god for that. I don't see how its going to work though, how are Kat and Alfie going to react, how could you just slip into normal family life after having accepted your baby is dead for months and then discovering someone you thought of as a friend had STOLEN him :confused: It wouldnt be all laughter and smiles straight away I'm sure!

Thank god for that. I don't see how its going to work though, how are Kat and Alfie going to react, how could you just slip into normal family life after having accepted your baby is dead for months and then discovering someone you thought of as a friend had STOLEN him :confused: It wouldnt be all laughter and smiles straight away I'm sure!

Totally agree with this, you would have already grieved for your baby.

I'm glad she gets the baby back but the whole thing was so unecessary and completely bad taste.

The Cot Death Issue has been completely swept under the carpet xxxx

Exactly, everyone seems to have completely forgotten Ronnie's baby died of cot death. Kat and Alfie barely mention it now. The focus is just - Ronnie has Kat's baby. Will anyone find out? Will Kat get him back? Drama drama drama

Though I wasn't offended by the storyline like millions were, personally I don't see the issue. It's a tv soap, it's supposed to be exaggerated - it's not sick, it's fiction. At the end of the day, the baby doesn't belong to neither Kat nor Ronnie so I don't see the need for viewers to complain.

I am looking forward to Kat getting her baby back though, its dragged out way too long and getting rather boring now.

Though I wasn't offended by the storyline like millions were, personally I don't see the issue. It's a tv soap, it's supposed to be exaggerated - it's not sick, it's fiction. At the end of the day, the baby doesn't belong to neither Kat nor Ronnie so I don't see the need for viewers to complain.

I am looking forward to Kat getting her baby back though, its dragged out way too long and getting rather boring now.

The people who have complained don't have the luxury of finding it boring.

To almost every person who has lost a child this storyline and the way it was handled on and off screen is a slap in the face, an insult and a very sick way to raise ratings.

Before the story was even aired people were concerned and upset about how it might be handled and those concerns have been proved right.

The three cast members directly involved were pictured laughing and joking and jumping on each other during the scenes to film the funeral. They said they needed to let off steam but again it was an insult to parents who have held a funeral for a real baby.

They've said insulting and offensive things in interviews and trivialised peoples feelings over this storyline and generally shown that they couldn't even raise awareness or understanding within their own cast, let alone anyone still bothering to watch the rubbish they were churning out.

And one of those concerns was that people who haven't lost a child will watch this show and dismiss the loss as easy to forget about and easily fixed with a replacement baby.

Ronnie has replaced her son and it's only thanks to the complaints of the viewers that she didn't then go on happily with her life.

Kat and Alfie lost their baby and seem fine on it and are going to live happily ever after when he is just handed back as though nothing happened.

Yes, this is fiction, but it has done nothing to raise awareness or help bereaved families and nothing to make people think just how bad it must be for someone to lose a baby.

And it is offensive and sick to use that as entertainment, even more so to hide the fact that they wanted to raise ratings at christmas behind the old "we are "raising awareness" chestnut the soaps always trot out when they want to turn real tragedy into rubbish drama.

I actually intended to post that Jessie Wallace was recently quoted in an interview as saying "we had to cut the storyline short because of all the complaints and stuff" and again she has proved to me that they just don't get why people complained "and stuff" in the first place.

What's "and stuff" anyway?

And why is it so hard for these cast members to give a simple interview and actually think about what rubbish they are saying in it?

I mean, this is after the Shane Richie interview saying that the cast "all really enjoyed filming these scenes" and telling the 10,000+ viewers who complained to just switch off the tv. He doesn't seem to realise that we can't switch off our lives and stop the storyline when we have really lost a child and are watching a group of actors exploit our losses for pay cheques and ratings.

The people who have complained don't have the luxury of finding it boring.

To almost every person who has lost a child this storyline and the way it was handled on and off screen is a slap in the face, an insult and a very sick way to raise ratings.

Before the story was even aired people were concerned and upset about how it might be handled and those concerns have been proved right.

The three cast members directly involved were pictured laughing and joking and jumping on each other during the scenes to film the funeral. They said they needed to let off steam but again it was an insult to parents who have held a funeral for a real baby.

They've said insulting and offensive things in interviews and trivialised peoples feelings over this storyline and generally shown that they couldn't even raise awareness or understanding within their own cast, let alone anyone still bothering to watch the rubbish they were churning out.

And one of those concerns was that people who haven't lost a child will watch this show and dismiss the loss as easy to forget about and easily fixed with a replacement baby.

Ronnie has replaced her son and it's only thanks to the complaints of the viewers that she didn't then go on happily with her life.

Kat and Alfie lost their baby and seem fine on it and are going to live happily ever after when he is just handed back as though nothing happened.

Yes, this is fiction, but it has done nothing to raise awareness or help bereaved families and nothing to make people think just how bad it must be for someone to lose a baby.

And it is offensive and sick to use that as entertainment, even more so to hide the fact that they wanted to raise ratings at christmas behind the old "we are "raising awareness" chestnut the soaps always trot out when they want to turn real tragedy into rubbish drama.

I have great sympathy for anyone thats lost a child, I can't imagine how terrible it must be, I imagine there aren't words that would describe how it feels. But I don't think the soap writers should be made to feel guilty because of the storyline, in soaps there are deaths all the time - which will hit home for a lot of people. For example, how do you imagine some people will feel if they lost a family member due to a shooting? But that happens fairly often and you don't see people complaining. I just think some people took it a little too personally - I understand they are grieving and the storyline may/will be hard for them but thats all it is, a storyline. If people are going to be upset too badly by it, then they shouldn't watch it, it's as simple as that.

My Gran lost a child at 17, he fell from a tower block building, you see people falling from high heights often too, if she knows its going to happen, she won't watch. Same goes for when she lost a child at 5 month. I think if people are going to watch soaps they have to be prepared for stuff which might hit home, if they don't like it, don't watch.

I don't see what the problem is with the cast members joking around either. At the end of the day it's not real, and baby Tommy is still alive, it's not like their grieving a real loss. I don't see why they should have to be miserable for the sake of a fake storyline - i'm sure they will have great sympathy for those parents who have lost a child, just because they were laughing doesn't mean they don't have a heart. Though I do remember reading in an interview that they found some scenes too hard to get through. (I haven't heard anything about them saying anything offensive, so sorry I can't comment on that).

I'm sorry to argue with you, i'm just getting my point across too. I don't think it is sick to boost ratings, they do it every year with a murder which again will hit home for some people.

I agree that the characters moved on quickly, but as we can see Ronnie hasn't moved on, she is grieving - and some people in life will go to these extremes, rare admittedly. Plus, if they were as miserable in the programme as what people were in real life, then the programme wouldn't be entertainment, no one would watch it - harsh but true. Thats the thing with soaps, they do take everything to the extreme, its expected.

Again, i'm sorry to argue with you (though I actually call stuff like this a healthy debate :haha:) but i'm just giving another perspective to it. I mean no disrespect in any way to parents who have lost child, I do have full sympathy :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->