and the IUI midwife said....

Hi Ladies!!
Thanks you all soooo much for all the encouragement, i might not have posted cos i was a bit down but now i'm in the zone again and its thanks to all your kind words and virtual hugs!!:hug::flower::hugs::kiss:
So i'm off for my second iui in the morning, had my trigger last night at midnight, hadan opk + at 7pm tonight so i think the timing is bang on except would really really love to :sex: but the unit says abstain for 36hours at least so as to produce a good SA for washing in the morn. Not that i'm saying i'm :coolio::flasher::bunny:\\:D/ its more that i'd like more :spermy::spermy::spermy: there!!
Ooh and another reason i'm a bit more upbeat...scan on mon morning...2 follicles one 19mm and one 17..(slightly under mature but the nurse, a nice one! reckoned it would probably be mature before iui on wed!!!)
God i hope this works!! tho i also signed up for the pre ivf meeting 11th july!

nice to read a cheery message from you :thumbup:
[-o<[-o<[-o< this is your month!

hey do you know what follicle size Im looking for on friday, it is CD11 for me after taking clomid days 3-7. I have no idea what to expect!!

:flower:Keep going keep going keep going . Not false optimism I promise just a wee encouraging nudge . Keep us posted

Hi Ladies!!
Thanks you all soooo much for all the encouragement, i might not have posted cos i was a bit down but now i'm in the zone again and its thanks to all your kind words and virtual hugs!!:hug::flower::hugs::kiss:
So i'm off for my second iui in the morning, had my trigger last night at midnight, hadan opk + at 7pm tonight so i think the timing is bang on except would really really love to :sex: but the unit says abstain for 36hours at least so as to produce a good SA for washing in the morn. Not that i'm saying i'm :coolio::flasher::bunny:\\:D/ its more that i'd like more :spermy::spermy::spermy: there!!
Ooh and another reason i'm a bit more upbeat...scan on mon morning...2 follicles one 19mm and one 17..(slightly under mature but the nurse, a nice one! reckoned it would probably be mature before iui on wed!!!)

hey do you know what follicle size Im looking for on friday, it is CD11 for me after taking clomid days 3-7. I have no idea what to expect!!
Hiya!
Well at my clinic they won't order the trigger shot til you have a follicle of 18mm. Are you having iui??

Hi girls!
just back from the hospital having had iui this morn!
And let me tell you all it was as easy as!! A lovely lovely nurse and lab tech. Never felt a thing!! they cleansing solution had even been warmed!!:thumbup:
Anyway all good news, 2 follies ready to pop, one now 21mm, one at 17.5mm and another not quite there at 16mm. (last iui my folli had already popped when i was scanned right before iui, so the timing seems better this time around!!) Himself produced a lovely SA and washed to 10million (from 100million) so the lab-tech said all high grade, premium swimmers in that 10 million:happydance::happydance::happydance:
So now its sitting on the nest for the horrid TWW!!!:wacko:

Wow!! Got absolutely everything Xed for you this cycle Redclaire, sounds like it's gonna be a good 'un:thumbup:!!!!!

Sounds positive and FXed this is the cycle you get your BFP and have at least one very sticky bean if not two or three :dust:

Sounds positive and FXed this is the cycle you get your BFP and have at least one very sticky bean if not two or three :dust:

one would be fabulous:thumbup:, 2 would be fantastic:happydance:, 3 would involve fainting!!!:wacko:

Just popping in to say that on my 2nd iui i felt the same as you. Nurse had passed similar comments when i said 'really hope it works this time'. She then went on the mention some 'clumping' and went on to say she d recommend icsi in future if not successful with iui. Me and dh felt really deflated afterwards. I only had one follicle as were doing iui with trigger shot only no meds.
Anyway just wanted to let you know that it actually worked and im now 15 weeks pregnant so just wanted to give you some pma as i know the pain and struggle with lttc.
Good luck x

Just popping in to say that on my 2nd iui i felt the same as you. Nurse had passed similar comments when i said 'really hope it works this time'. She then went on the mention some 'clumping' and went on to say she d recommend icsi in future if not successful with iui. Me and dh felt really deflated afterwards. I only had one follicle as were doing iui with trigger shot only no meds.
Anyway just wanted to let you know that it actually worked and im now 15 weeks pregnant so just wanted to give you some pma as i know the pain and struggle with lttc.
Good luck x

ooh my god that's brilliant news!! I'm sooo delighted to hear iui success stories!!
Congrats to you, hope you have a lovely happy pregnancy!!:happydance::happydance::happydance:

Hi Ladies!!

Hiya!
Well at my clinic they won't order the trigger shot til you have a follicle of 18mm. Are you having iui??

no not this month, just the clomid and monitoring. I was tempted when I asked her about IUI and she said 'do you want to do it this month' but I will wait till September if clomid doesnt work on its own.

they did mention a possible trigger shot so I will see on friday. Thats CD11 for me and I ovulate anywhere from CD13-17. I understand the trigger shot for IUI but dont know why they would bother when we arew just BDing as normal.

thanks for the info, so I will remember 18mm is a good size :thumbup:

Hi girls!
just back from the hospital having had iui this morn!
And let me tell you all it was as easy as!! A lovely lovely nurse and lab tech. Never felt a thing!! they cleansing solution had even been warmed!!:thumbup:
Anyway all good news, 2 follies ready to pop, one now 21mm, one at 17.5mm and another not quite there at 16mm. (last iui my folli had already popped when i was scanned right before iui, so the timing seems better this time around!!) Himself produced a lovely SA and washed to 10million (from 100million) so the lab-tech said all high grade, premium swimmers in that 10 million:happydance::happydance::happydance:
So now its sitting on the nest for the horrid TWW!!!:wacko:

yay it all sounds perfect, come on BFP!!!!! :bfp:[-o< :bfp:[-o< :bfp:[-o<:bfp:[-o< :bfp:[-o< :bfp:[-o< :bfp:[-o<

Keep in mind that she probably sees more IVF patients than IUI ones if more people just opt to go right towards the "big guns".

One cycle compared to one cycle the IVF will definitely have a higher success rate, but one cycle of IVF compared to six cycles of IUI would probably be similar success - with a lot less invasiveness.

I've also read that for some problems IUI has a better success rate - remember IVF was designed to deal with blocked tubes - and all that making a baby in a petri dish is much more stressful than more natural means in terms of embryo survival.

I also read somewhere a much larger % of IVF babies end up being girls - since its the females that can survive the stress of IVF better.

FX that this will be your cycle. :dust: :dust: :dust: It all sounds good!

Fingers crossed for you Redclaire - thanks for sharing all this info too.

So good to see you feeling more positive! Hoping that this is the one for you! FX'd

:dust: :dust: :dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->