And there is hope

Samantha675

Maybe baby #3?!?
Reaction score
So after a crappy week last week, with Bren not sleeping well and his reflux getting worse and worse, my DH and I bought an Amby Baby Hammock bed. It arrived yesterday. I was a bit unsure about it after I set it up, but decided last night after not being able to get Bren to settle in our bed on his wedge, to give it a go. It was a bit akward getting him into it at first, but he did sleep for 2 hours. the rest of the night was a crap, BUT this morning for his nap. I nursed him, he didn't go to sleep. I was rock/bouncing him and he was fighting me, and to be honest after being woke up last night every hour, I was loosing patience. :hissy: So I thought I will just lay him down in the Amby for a moment, regroup and have another go. Well I laid him down, and he didn't start crying, so I thought, hmmmmmm. I started to bounce the bed, and he started to close his eyes. OMG, he fell sleep!!! :happydance: This is the first time I have ever laid him down and he fell asleep. Now hopefully with some patience and work, he will learn to do this without me bouncing the bed for him. :rofl:

Here is what the Amby is:
https://shop.babyworld.co.uk/images/xt_pics/wht-blue-rcweb.jpg

the website claims it is great for colic, reflux, fussy, restless babies. We shall see.

Nice one, you'll finally be able to get some sleep.

Wow,thats good! I hope it keeps on working for him! :)

Hope it works out for you both, and you get some much needed sleep.

oh hun i can truely sympathise with your frustrations!
someone actually recommneded me one of these but the price was outrageous where i live. ( like almost 180 USD) so i didnt get it but it looks amazing!

ooo... looks like it might do some good for him. Hope he starts sleeping better

:hugs: xxx

woohoo! they work and look great too - bonus!

yay so glad little bren is liking it xx

Wow! What age do they go up to?

Cx

The website says up to 25 lbs. but once the baby gets mobile, it is time to move them into a cot. I am hoping it will last till he is about 8-9 months, then we can go for the crib.

I wanted to get one but by the time I found out they existed Connor was already 4 1/2 months and it said it was only good until 6 months :cry: next baby I guess.

YAY! They do look good but out of our budget too.

Tabs went through major stages of only going to sleep with us rocking/jiggling her.
Then it seemed like overnight she was fighting us no matter what we tried,then just put her either in her swinging chair or on the other sofa,tucked in with blanket and dummy and thats it she drops off!!
Maybe she was just pissed off with us and was saying "put me down mum!"
I dont know but i can sympathise with you,hope it works next time too xxx

I wanted to get one but by the time I found out they existed Connor was already 4 1/2 months and it said it was only good until 6 months :cry: next baby I guess.

Bren is the same age, but we were dying for sleep and for him to sleep better. Good thing is my best friend is pregnant and due in June. So she can use it. Then when (IF) I have #2 I can get it back!

That looks great. Hope it keeps doing it's job. Now make sure you manage to catch up on some sleep too! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->