Android Tablet?

rosie272

mum to charlie finn
Reaction score
Does anyone have an android tablet? Are they any good? I can't really afford an ipad right now but there's a deal on for these for £99 at the moment and I don't know anyone who has one and have read some mixed reviews- thanks :flow:

My DH has one that i got him just before christmas. He has the Advent Vega but from what i understand, it has to be modified before being much use. Ill ask him any questions if you have any!

Thanks! My first question would be what does that mean by having it modified :haha: I'm a tad technophobic, but am sick of my slowwwww laptop! I would be looking to use it just to browse on here, FB, Ebay, music etc :flow: x

Which one is it?

I've got the Archos 70b which is actually very good (well as far as I can remember as my daughter seems to have pinched it :dohh: ) ... wireless internet that works quickly, on screen keyboard when needed, touch screen, ereader, music library, video library, capacity to take a larger memory chip, good apps (including angry birds :blush: )

It's a Time2touch! I like the fact it's an e-reader as well as I was thinking of getting a Kindle anyway (and I like angry birds - I play that on my nephews phone :haha) So you would recommend one? :flow:

It's a Time2touch! I like the fact it's an e-reader as well as I was thinking of getting a Kindle anyway (and I like angry birds - I play that on my nephews phone :haha) So you would recommend one? :flow:

we have that one, it runs a version of android that is basically pants, you cant get anything so you would need to modify it.

He said its got custom firmware on it.

He said "They suck at what you want to do, a laptop would be better, hell a good phone would be" - his words :haha:

He's an IT technician but i have no idea :dohh: How about a netbook? Theyre pretty cheap yet good for general surfing :)

Thanks for the replies Ladies! I wouldn't have a clue how to modify it so will stick with my crappy laptop for now and start saving for an ipad :) x

Quote from my DH (sorry :haha: ) : "There is no substitution for a physical keyboard. Tablets including Ipads are only good at media, not good at web browsing."

He also says to let you know he will give any advice.

Quote from my DH (sorry :haha: ) : "There is no substitution for a physical keyboard. Tablets including Ipads are only good at media, not good at web browsing."

He also says to let you know he will give any advice.

Aw thanks so much! I agree with him about there being no keyboard substitution, my not so nimble fingers struggle with my stupid HTC phone :haha: I may be back with more questions ;) :flow:

my hubby has an android tablet - the Asus Eee pad transformer I think it's called. he loves it & it has a keyboard you can attach to the tablet if you need to. It was a really good price but is one of the best android tablets you can get.

Thanks Fluffpuffin :) I read a few reviews online of the one I was looking at and they weren't great :/ and the ladies advice on here has kinda put me off going for the cheapo one I was looking at :haha:

Yes I would agree - I wouldn't get a really cheap one. Save your pennies and get a good one ;) I know it's tempting to get a cheap one but you get what you pay for with these things.

Some are better than others. I got my dad one for xmas but the touch screen is such a pain at times. A guy in work has one and his screen is much easier to flip pages. They are OK.

I quite like mine and do post from it sometimes if No 1 son has taken over the PC ... though oddly I don't really get on with laptops, so maybe it's just me :dohh:

I got mine for a song (£79) but only because the shop was mistakenly selling it as an obsolete model ... they hadn't realised that the delivery they had was the new upgraded model and had priced them to clear :haha:

I have the Samsung Galaxy Tab. I really like it :D

I quite like mine and do post from it sometimes if No 1 son has taken over the PC ... though oddly I don't really get on with laptops, so maybe it's just me :dohh:

I got mine for a song (£79) but only because the shop was mistakenly selling it as an obsolete model ... they hadn't realised that the delivery they had was the new upgraded model and had priced them to clear :haha:

Bargain! Love that when stuff like that happens :)

I have the Samsung Galaxy Tab. I really like it :D

My DH has this one and he adores it too :thumbup: In fairness though he doesn't use it much for web browsing though ... it takes a massive 32G additional memory card so he uses it as an 'on the go' film library

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->