anemia

donnad

Reaction score
hi ladies hope your all well today.I was just wondering if any of you know if being anemic can stop you having a homebirth at all.I know that i'm abit early talking about the birth being only 17 weeks but i've just been told i'm slightly anemic and i want to have a homebirth if i can.thanks everyone.

Im Not sure , But i know with medication your levels can get back up too perfectly normal . So with taking the iron tablets i cannot see why you couldnt hun .
Good luck . xx .

I don't see why not. I was anemic with Caitlin at about 7 months and tehy gave me iron tablets and never mnetioned about complications or problems or anything, although I didn't have a home birth xx

I'm not 100% but when I had my baby last week they were going to transfer me back to midwife led care (i was under consultant led care for another reason which had gone away) but the doctor wouldn't let them because of my low iron. I had a haemorrhage after so it was a good thing they kept me under CLC. However, no one told me I was anaemic til I was 37 weeks (after having a test at 28 weeks!!) so the tablets prob didn't have time to work for me, if you have them early enough you will probably be totally fine by the time your baby is due. It's probably worth asking your midwife xx

i wouldnt worry hun they will tell you to take iron tablets to get your levels back up, i was anemic with brendan and just had to take two iron tablets a day and it was up to normal by the time he was born :)

I'm anemic and the midwife told me I could go ahead if I wanted to....

I said hell no, lol.

It shouldn't really effect you, except that you may be more exhausted from the blood loss (if you ever were with your periods - it's similar) but that would be the same in hospital. You can take iron supplements but pregnancy blocks us up enough and the pills make it waay worse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->