Anemic? I need opinions please.

Guppy051708

2 by Sea 2 by Land
Reaction score
Im 32 weeks.I had my last prenatal appt on tuesday (Jan 9th). I go every two weeks, as normal at this stage of pregnancy. So my next appt is Jan 23rd [34 weeks]. Last week i was sent for IV fluids, blood work, and a urine workup due to chronic dizziness and lightheaded. I think they assumedni was dehydrated. I chalked it up to my BP being low. (Up until about 30 weeks i was running low like 100/50, which is not.abnormal for me whatsoever, even when im.not pregnant. The doc never seemed concerned about the low bp). For the last two weeks my bp has been totally normal, around 120/70 so very good bp. So i cant even blame the lightheaded stuff on low bp. I do have a history of anemia (since teen years but especiallt during pregnancy, despite dietary and supplemental efforts). I even had PPH and PICA with my first baby, needed a blood transfusion, etc. (This is my 4th baby, i prevented it w diet and supplements with #2 and #3).I have been telling my OB all pregnancy that i was concerned about that being repeated, like w my first. So they checked my iron at 28 weeks. They deemed it okay and said i didn't need an iron supplement. Well it was 10.22 which is what it was w my first baby at 28 weeks and so, clearly my anemia went undiagnosed until i had PPH during delivery, with my first. So i decided at 28 weeks, i was going to start a plant basedd iron. So anyways, when i was sent for fluids and labs, they did a CBC workup, hemoglobin, urine analysis, etc.

Long story short, i seen the results online and between everything there are about 12 results either too high or too low, mostly CBC related. Which doesnt surprise me. I figured the OB would have called . They never did. So i called the nurse yesterday (Jan 12th). She said the one midwife signed off, everything looked fine. I was surprised. I said really? I said my iron level is low, despite taking iron for a.few.weeks now, and it has actually dropped a little since 28 weeks. Nurse says, its low but not dangerously low. I reminded her of my concern w pph and HX or anemia. She says ok, hangs up, talks to a different midwife bc the OB and original ordering midwife wasnt there. Nurse calls me back and says, the other midwife wants you to start takinf 325mg of iron twice daily. I said okay. She then says, this midwife would like to see me Monday, but due to the holiday i am to be seen tuesday. I asked why because i go every two weeks and my next appt is the 23rd. The nurse said she understands that means coming in for 3 weeks straight, but it is important. I asked why again. She said because this midwife wants to talk tp you about being dizzy. I said ok. And i go back this Tuesday....

My question to you ladies, and obviouslt ill find more out on tuesday, but what would be so urgent that they dont want to wait another week until my next appt? What is so urgent that they want me to come in as soon as the are open again? I am nervous. I figure if it was simply them telling me im.anemic, a phone call is fine. Afterall thats basically been my experience since my teen years and was no different during pregnancy. Do you guys think this is something serious? Or do you think they would act so quickly just to tell me how to eat (which i already know) or just to tell me im anemic? Im trying to chill out but their desire to want to see me back so soon has me alarmed. What do you all think?

I wouldn’t be nervous until something is definitive. Tbh I would think they want to see you right away because you repeatedly expressed concern. They seemed unconcerned until you called/wouldn’t take it’s fine as an answer. So hopefully it’s just them trying to ease your mind/do their due diligence. Hugs

I just wanted to update.

They met with me to check bo, which was good. And to discuss how they would like me to eat. I am now needing to eat every 2 hours. They are monitoring the anemia and im taking 325mg of iron twice a day now. Eat a high protein diet. Continue drinking at least a liter and a half of water.

We discussed my PPH and PICA w my first baby. They are going to pay close attentiin during and after delivery w all that, in case i need another blood transfusion.

Probably after i have the baby ill go to a hematologist and see what is the root od the anemia (lack of red blood cells vs an autoimmune issue where it attacks my red vlood cells)

Glad to hear they are being proactive! Hopefully everything works out <3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->