• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Angry about feeding.....

Bumblebee2408

Mummy to 2, pregnant with #3
Reaction score
My baby was born with a TOF long story short it means she was born unable to swallow and to this day is still in hospital undergoing surgery every 2 weeks to correct the issue. We thought she was going to be a normal happy 37 week delivery. It wasn't to be..... Anyway......

I feel really awful for being judgemental at other people but as I was unable to feed my oldest son myself (due to severe tongue tie and he refused to go back on the breast and would get so upset if we tried) I was hoping to bf with our little girl..... I felt it has been ripped away from me and I've expressed until my supply dropped to low an nothing helped to get enough for her.

But I'm rambling.... I find myself getting so angry with mum's who try brest feeding once in nicu and saying ahhh baby cried so much I don't think they want to do it. I'm going to bottled feed.

I've always been one of those people who says each to there own and whatever works best for your family. But I think now it's been stripped from us it overly gets to me.

Don't know what this threads about really other than needing to get it out there and vent my in silly frustrations.

I feel so judgemental and silly.

Xx

You are by no means silly, at all. Having babies, and all things associated is hard work. We all do it differently and all have our own opinions. Which can change dependent on what we go through. I was badly judged for not breastfeeding my first for long but it was due to being hospitalised myself and it would be dangerous to keep feeding her. She was only 5 weeks at the time so she didnt get much from me. My friend then had a baby who referred to bf as disgusting and inappropriate (whatever that means!) and i just wanted to scream at her for being so selfish.

When my son was born i tried to feed him and it took til he was 5 weeks to latch on so have expressed/bf for the past 5 months. I now go back and forward with my opinion. I worked damn hard to get my son to bf and think others could try harder (based on their attitude toward it) but then look back at how hard me and my son had to work to get it right and realise that some people may not want that stress.

Im sorry you have had a hard time and you are entitled to be frustrated at the loss of feeding your baby. The fact you care about your baby having your milk shows what a good mummy you are. Formula is a great alternative, and my happy healthy 2 year old confirms it for me. xxx

Thank you. Now Its a different day and I'm not taking it personally.

I know people are all different and I have with my oldest ended up with a formula fed baby. Now I've calmed down its fine.

I think I was stressed with the hospital environment in honesty were still here and likely to be until she's around 6/7 months old.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->