Anna's not well - advice please?

T

TashaAndBump

Hello all you lovely mums (and dad's!)

Anna's really poorly - She has a nasty cough and the snuffles... She seems to be in quite a lot of pain with the cough but calpol says not to be used on babies under two months. :( Just wondering if there's anything over the counter that we can get to ease the pain for her??

Thanks for any input or advice,

Mrs & Mr Bum

I'm sorry I don't have any advice, just hugs :hugs: for little Anna, poor little mite...x

I really am of no use whatsoever here but didnt want to just read and run.

I always used the calpol or calpol ibuprofen im afraid, im not sure about the ages for infant tylenol, i think its possibly the same though. Ooh actually, just thought, tixylix (sp?) is for babies and children, that may be able to be used younger than calpol..i know i used it on Alex from a young age, just cant remember quite how young, dont have a bottle handy to check for you atm either :(

Hope she feels better really soon though :)
:hugs:

x

Kira has the same hun, I have been halfing the dose of the calpol and that seems to be helping her.

Mr Bum has just spoken to a dr...

who was completely useless! :cry:

He didn't offer any advice on what we could do for her, but said to hold off on giving her calpol until she's seen a dr - However, what with my husband being a wheelchair user and neither of us driving, we can't get her to a doctors tonight - he wouldnt send one out and said we'll have to wait 'till tomorrow.

He also for some reason kept pushing us to give her immunisations - completely irrelevent!! :hissy:

Gah. Stupid, stupid doctor. So now Dom is back on the phone to NHS direct, requesting ANOTHER doctor - hopefully this one will be more help? Took hours for the last one to phone back though :(

*sigh*

i really dont know hun...but i hope little one is better soon!!

stupid, pathetic, useless doctors!!! :hissy::hissy::hissy:

xx

Ah bless her.. the only thing i could suggest for 2nite is try raising her head slightly when she's sleeping e.g moses basket put something underneath base at one end to raise the head end ...if that makes sense. 2moz if th doc doesn't suggest anythin try snufflebabe it says 3 months my pharmisist said it was okay placed away from baby a lil, but check caz advice mite of changed, unfortuantly there is nothin you can do over counter for cough now as its been banned...
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/l...ews.html?in_article_id=546909&in_page_id=1797

Hope all that makes sense soz bout the sp but its late!! Hopefully the doc should help tho x

Awww poor baby....They can have calpol before 3 months but a dr needs to tell you the dosage because they work it out on their weight... you could try calling your health visitor, they may be able to work it out for you. I know this doesn't help tonight though. x

:hug: Hope she feels better soon (sorry no advice :()

Gosh, hon, I don't know.

One thing I would recommend is a cool water vaporizer, not the hot water one. It tends to clear them out a bit more. So the doctors say.

However, what I did when Amanda was younger and had the same problem was put the shower on hot water and let the room steam up. It did clear her nasal passages out.

Another thing to ask a doctor about is pain relief in the form of suppositories. I don't know what age they are for, but do know that I gave Amanda them when she was less than 2 years old.

Hope she feels better soon! :hugs:

I know when Noah was 5 1/2 pounds the doctor said I could give 0.4ml of infant tylenol.

Sorry i have no advice, but hope Anna gets well soon! Poor darlin x

:( poor baby, hope shes better soon and just advise you to see a dr.

ow no i hope she feels better soon, maybe a steamy bathroom would help as said before?

awww big :hugs: for little Anna, if she is snuffly hun have you tried Karvol capsuls? i open one, drop it onto one of Rhiannons muslins then tie it round her cot so the vapours can get to her.. no advice on the coughing though poor darling, maybe some cooled boiled water to sooth her throat if its a scratchy cough?? XXX

but they only took it off the market for under two's as parents used incorrect doses, no?

as well, don't know if it is suitable, but maybe sth which contains menthol like vickvaporoup or tigerbalm would ease the breathing and the cough!

anyways, you have to see docs asap!

docs can be soooo useless ggrrrrrrrrrrr

have u tried askin a MW or HV they sometimes are better

:hug: hpoe she gets well soon x

but they only took it off the market for under two's as parents used incorrect doses, no?

as well, don't know if it is suitable, but maybe sth which contains menthol like vickvaporoup or tigerbalm would ease the breathing and the cough!

anyways, you have to see docs asap!

Unfortunately, one cannot use vicks vapour rub or tiger balm until the child is much older....I think it's around 3.

Johnson and Johnson used to have a baby bath that had a vapor affect plus a lotion too. But, then again, I think the age was for 6 months and up.

I also have heard that they are starting to take cold medicines off the market for babies.

My daughter has the same, and so do I :( I'm not sure what there is over there that is safe to take. :( I know I can take nothing because I'm pregnant. :hissy:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->