Announcements on Facebook?

Melzy8608

Mummy-To-Be
Reaction score
Just wondered... I've texted / e-mailed everyone I talk with (who isn't so close but are still 'friends') to let them in on our good news.

However, just been informed a old school friend has announced theirs on Facebook... Not so sure how i feel about the whole 'facebook' announcements? Know a few who have put up their scan photo's for everyone to nose at too...

Opinions would be interesting...?

Thats how I was planning on telling the world after my first scan on Monday.
I have told my close friends and family but can't be doing with calling up everyone to tell them personally. I also don't really speak often to alot of my reletives so would feel a bit odd calling them up and saying 'I'm Pregnant'!

Thought it would be the easiest way I guess.

I told my close friends myself then, when i had my first scan i told people through FB. i also put a few scan pics up as everyone was asking 2 see them but i didnt want 2 keep carring them around with me. i wasnt going to do any of this 2 start with but then i found it more convient. its your choice tho.

I told everyone on FB... on April Fools day but I didnt actually click that it was April Fools day lol! Just found it more convenient :)

I was going to wait till first scan, stick on fb and introduce everyone who doesnt know to baby SPencer! Easier than telling everyone a million times and then i can put what i want onto my updates!!!!

I announced mine on facebook after my first scan. It said, "I'm knocked up.....with TWINS!" The responses were hysterical!!

I announced mine on facebook after my first scan. It said, "I'm knocked up.....with TWINS!" The responses were hysterical!!

hehe thats great! I've told a lot of people already but not going to mention it till after my 12 week scan then I'll definitely announce it on facebook, can't wait!:happydance:

I announced my first pregnancy on fb, but havent announced this one yet..i kinda like having a secret that people dont know...hahah makes me feel powerful mwahahhahahah :) xx

I am also going to wait until 12 weeks ultrasound to say anything on FB. I will not be putting up any pictures of our ultrasound. For me that is personal and not for everybody to be snooping at. Plus I have a friend that has been TTC for almost 2 years and just had a failed IVF so I dont want her to get upset. We have only told 4 people so far.

I'm a very private person, so announcing my pregnancy on facebook wouldn't be something I'm comfortable with. Same thing for posting pregnancy photos and other pg-related info. I don't mind my close friends seeing them - but some of my 'friends' on facebook are just acquaintances, really. They don't need to see all my personal stuff. And I don't like the fact that if my friends comment on my photos then THEIR friends can see my photo....it's none of their business! I like to have control over who sees such personal info.

I know there are different privacy settings and all but I don't want to be bothered to go through all of those changes.

I put mine on fb too I wrote IM HAVING A BABYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY :D:D:D:D:D:D....litterally like that

I've told everyone that matters to me and like Zeri - I can be quite a private person and have some friends which are more acquaintances on there...

I think i'm just going to start posting up silly status like 'Melissa is baking...' :) Those who know will know what i mean teehee! But it's amazing how quickly news spreads... lol.

Found another girl from my school years who announced hers yesterday like i did and friends we're having baby overload...

I will most probably make some form of announcement on facebook as my friends who I keep in touch with are on there as well as a lot of family....will save me a huuuge phone bill! I still haven't decided about my scan photo yet. Would be nice to think that people cared enough to take an interest in my scan photo but I think it's probably boring.

A couple of hubby's cousins are having babies at the moment....one is just about to pop and the other is 4 weeks ahead of me. Both put everything up on facebook and the one who is 4 weeks ahead announced it on there the day she got her BFP which I could never have done.

I think I'll probably just stick to 'Aimee-lou is going to be a mummy!' or somehting like that. If I get a response then great....if I get ignored, so what....I'm excited and so is hubby! :rofl:

A couple of my friends put their scan photos up on facebook, not sure if there was an official announcement to go with it though....I think the pics spoke for themselves.

Dh wants to put the scan pic on FB but I'm a little unsure x If he wants to then he can but I dont think I will x As I get further on & more people know then my status my change from time to time but for me not just yet x

I think you can put pregnancy tickers on facebook too - somehow....I almost did it, then realised my manager at work is on my friends list and would probably see! oops. Not planning on telling work yet! Although my bloated belly makes me look 5 months already I'm suprised they don't think I ate all the pies! (maybe they do and just to polite to say!)

A couple of my friends put their scan photos up on facebook, not sure if there was an official announcement to go with it though....I think the pics spoke for themselves.

That's what I was thinking of doing. My scan is about 4 weeks off yet, and I'd planned to close friends and family at 12 weeks, which is next week. So that gives me a bit of time to change my hormone-addled, frequently changing, pregnancy mind :)

i'm with moomoo......it is like having this wonderful secret that makes us all so powerful!!

:Dxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->