Announcing COLTON LEE

ColtonsMom

Reaction score
Be Prepared for longness!!

Well, I was scheduled for an induction on Wednesday at 4pm.
I arrived around 4:30-4:35 and was given a suppository, which had medication to soften my cervix and was placed next to it. I started getting contractions right away but couldn’t feel them. They continued through the night and continued getting worse.
At 4am I was checked.. 1cm dilated, and contractions coming on just a few minutes apart. So the nurse on duty decided not to give me any Pitocen to induce me.
My contractions kept getting worse and worse after that. They were also right on top of each other! The nurse told me I could go ahead and get the epidural, or I could just have something temporary for now. I choose the temporary because I was scared I would jump during the epidural, or something would go wrong. However, I never got the temp because it was taking them to long to get the order in.
Around 9am I was checked again. I was 4cm dilated and 80% effaced. The nurse then decided to start me on some pitocen, but she said it was a very small amount and I would be doing most of the work. Around this time (cannot remember exactly), I decided to go ahead and get the epidural.
BTW: I highly recommend the epidural! It was amazing!! :D I was, of course, balling when I was getting it. But that’s only because I was scared I was shaking too much, or that I was going to jump and cause something to go wrong. It wasn’t painful at ALL!! My IV hurt worse!!
Things progressed really fast after that. By about 1:30-1:45 I was 10cm and completely effaced. However, he was still kind of high, so they decided that I should just sit upright for awhile to try and get him to move down more.
Started pushing at 2:15. Pushed for 1 hour 45 minutes. My epidural wore off twice (I could just feel spots, not everything), so they gave me more meds.
After all that pushing he hadn’t moved down and was starting to get a cone head, which the doctor wasn’t pleased with. So he decided that I was going to get a c-section.
:cry:
My epi had worn off again by this point. My contractions were horrible and I kept getting the urge to push. However, wasn’t allowed to since he wasn’t coming down. I was given three doses of meds through my epidural and rushed down to the OR where my little boy was born.
He was born at 4:26pm, weight 9lbs, 14oz and 21 ½ inches long. The doctor was really surprised since my ultrasound had said only 7lbs, 9oz and he had been joking the whole time saying “well, we know it’s not a 10 pounder!” He was only 2oz under 10lbs!
:shock:
cant say I told you so..
:rofl:
The doc said that he NEVER would have fit down my birth canal! The c-section was the only option I would have had, and if we had known he was that big it would have been done without me spending all that time and energy pushing.
I ended up loosing A LOT of blood and needed two pints of blood. I passed out on the operating table, and didn’t wake up until two hours later.
He said that my uterus had stretched so badly that he had to stitch it to my insides so that it wouldn’t just collapse. He said most of the time, in that case, he would have had to remove it and I wouldn’t have been able to have any more kids.
:cry: Just thinking about it makes me cry.

Anyways, baby is doing amazing. He has a good case of jaundice though. We have to return to the hospital tomorrow morning and if his jaundice levels haven’t went down then they are going to put him under the lights.
Jamie, my OH, has been amazing. He has basically done every feed and diaper change. Helped me do EVERYTHING, even getting dressed and using the bathroom! :blush: He helped me push the whole time and said that he was sore from pushing so he couldn’t imagine how bad I was. He went down to the gift shop and came back with a little rose. It was so sweet! It made me cry!

Well.. I know what you have been waiting for:
PICTURES
https://s126.photobucket.com/albums/p104/summerlovesjamie/baby/
BTW: He has Jamie's complexion (as you will see :lol:) but my facial features! :dance:

We need a password to access your photo's. Great story though! What a big baby!

i made the accout public, so it should work now... sorry about that!

thanks everyone!

He's absolutely beautiful!!!! Congrats !!!!:happydance::happydance:

It let me see the pics... OMG he is PRECIOUS! He has so much hair, and is so sweet. What an adorable little going home outfit haha. He is SO cute!

https://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a28/RachieH/Graphics/BabyBoyDrawnBoy.gifhttps://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a28/RachieH/Graphics/BabyBoyDrawnBoy.gifhttps://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a28/RachieH/Graphics/BabyBoyDrawnBoy.gifhttps://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a28/RachieH/Graphics/BabyBoyDrawnBoy.gif
Oh he is gorgeous - Congratulations!

Can't believe how big he is!

Wow he's super cute.. You done great too, sounds like you had a pretty hard time.. How you feeling now ??

Wow he's super cute.. You done great too, sounds like you had a pretty hard time.. How you feeling now ??

I'm VERY sore. In quite a bit of pain, but I've been trying to take my pain meds.

Thanks again everyone! :headspin:

He is truly beautiful!
Congrats!:hugs:
It does seem like a tough labor but it also seems like it was all worth it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->