Announcing the arrival of Hollie Mae - 17th February 2010

LoobyLou75

Mum of 3
Reaction score
After an unsuccessful sweep on the 10th Feb at 40 weeks, despite being 2cms dilated, I visited the midwife on the 17th Feb. She offered another sweep and upon examining me said that I was 4-5 cms dilated and baby's head was well down and my Bishops Score was 10. She said that baby would be born that night or the next day but booked me an iduction date for the following Tuesday just in case.
I was in a bit of pain after the 2nd sweep and by the time I got home at 4.00pm, I figured the contractions were starting. I was timing them and they were every 2 minutes! We had a viewing of our house the next day so i set about cleaning the kitchen! I phoned my DH who was at work and told him to make his way home ( he works an hour away from home). My friend rang me to make sure I was ok till DH got home.
DH arrived home at about half 5 and started panicking! I told him to stop stressing and I rang the Birting Centre. I explained how I was and she was concerned I wasn't ready and that they would have to send me home again if I wasn't (BC 10 miles from home) so I agreed to see how it went. I lasted 10 mins before I rang back by which point they asked me if I wanted to go in and I said yes!
The journey was painful and when we arrived I had to keep stopping on the way in to bend over!
We got to the unit at about half 6ish and I was shown to my room. I put my nightie on and the midwife asked about pain relief and offered paracetamol but I didn't think it would touch the pain so she started running me a bath and said that the birthing pool was free if I wanted to give it a try.
When she came back in the room she said she'd spoken to the registrar on call on the labour ward due to me having a placental abruption with my DS and he advised they move me upstairs but the midwife was concerned if they moved me and birth was imminent, my LO would be born in the lift with just her! Anyway, I never got to answer cos with the next contraction, my waters went! They agreed everything was ok for me to stay and put me on a birthing stool.
At 8.00pm my gorgeous daughter Hollie Mae was born, 5 hours from that first contraction. I had no pain relief and never even got chance for my bath!

I had a 1 degree tear but no stitches. Was the best experience ever.

Congrats on your lil girl -sounds like a lovely labour and birth you had there. Well done!!

Fantastic news - well done you!
Rx

Fantastic news - well done you!
Rx

congratulations...love the name xxx

congratulations, sounds like a lovely labour and birth xxx

Congratulations hun - and an exceptionally brilliant name (same as my eldest!!)

Wishing you the best of luck for your future together! xxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->