annoyed!

LovingYou

Karinna and Willow's mom
Reaction score
My baby shower is 2 weeks from today (sun dec 4th) and invitations got sent out probably 3-4 weeks ago now.
We invited like 15-20 people and we put "PLEASE RSVP BY SUNDAY NOV 20TH) which is today. I called my sis in law who is planning the shower and she told me that 2 people have rsvp'd. SERIOUSLY? two?!

I've contacted a couple people and they're like "oh i totally forgot" wtf our invites were printed on magnets so you can put them on the fridge so you DONT forget.

I feel like people don't even care. All my family and alan's family is like "don't worry you'll have family there, thats all that matters" and i know they've bought tons of stuff for the baby. But still, it pisses me off that friends don't even care anymore. :nope:

thats just rude not to reply when you've gone too all that trouble even putting invites on magnets (thats a brill idea btw)

Aww, I'm sorry. That's really crappy of your friends. I know pregnancy shows you who your true friends are. :( I love the magnet idea :thumbup: I hope your shower turns out good though :hugs:

Aw no :( see that's why I'm too scared to have one cos my "friends" can't even commit to meetin up to just hang out when we haven't seen eachother in so long let alone come to a party where they'll feel like they have to bring me a present :dohh: I hope you have a lovely baby shower without them :flower: who needs people like that, huh? :hugs:

Im sorry Lisa...:hugs: I dont even get a baby shower as Emma came flying out the day before mine. I wont have one next time either...

thanks girls! :flower: i'm just sad that all my friends are too busy to ever visit or see karinna.

I will have a great shower, even if its small. :)

I am totally guessing but i noticed that you have a beautiful 1 year old. did you have a shower for her? if so some people dont feel that another baby shower is needed/ appropriate. I have no idea if this is why your friends are acting more lax but it could def be a factor. have fun no matter what.

:hugs: Sorry they're being inconsiderate by not replying :nope:

It does suck that friends just seem to drift away, especially after you have kids. All of us on here know the feeling and it sucks :(

With that being said, I don't think it matters that you have already had a shower before this one, people should at least have the backbone to reply so that you can have an idea who will be there & plan accordingly :hugs:

That's awful, Lisa, I am sorry to hear. :hugs: You deserve better than that, but no matter what just enjoy the people who did come out for your shower, you'll have an awesome time no matter what!

That's so rude! I hate when people don't RSVP! I'm sure that a lot more people will actually be coming to your shower... they probably were just too lazy to respond. :wacko:

On a completely unrelated note, LOVE the idea of putting the invites on magnets! That's so creative!

:hugs: I'm sorry! I'm sure more people will show. I am so afraid to have a shower, because through pregnancy, I've lost touch with a lot of my friends - focusing on work, sleeping, etc. And, it doesn't help that I have VERY little family in my area. Most of them are states away. So I'm worrying already. I hope you have a lovely shower, and surely more people will show up. :flow:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"