annoying advice/questions/views

Andi86

Pregnant with #2
Reaction score
Anyone else get annoyed with the advice people try giving you about labour/after the baby is here? Or people who need to say what there views are on certain things are (ie circumcison/breastfeeding).

I dont know maybe I'm just being a cranky pregnant lady but all I hear is "you should try this or that", "This worked for me", "This is what I did", " If you have any questions or problems talk to me cause I did it successfully." "Ask the doctor to give you this/that". Every labour story/baby is different from what Ive seen or heard. Clearly things aren't the same for everyone....its like ok thanks for the advice but after you hear 20 different advice tips, 20 times a day when you never asked in the first place its kind of annoying after a while. If I want or need advice or know you views on a topic I will either read up on it or ask you.

Then there is the constant questions..."baby coming yet?" "feeling any contractions yet?" "you must be tired/getting impatient" its like yes I am but everyone constantly reminding me doesnt help lol. Am I the only one getting annoyed? Sorry for the rant.

I am super tired of hearing "Wow you're STILL pregnant!!!?" Or "are you sure thee aren't TWO babies in there?!"
People feel they need to say something......anything. It can be so annoying. People give advice all day. But whats funny is they never ask if I have children already. I just feel like saying .....been there done that! But I just nod politely and move on.

Yes.
I am so tired of people passing my office and asking me all these questions. I'm not one to usually complain so when people ask how I feel I feel really awkward and uncomfortable to actually tell them that I feel like crap.
Which is one of the reasons I stopped going to work.
Sadly, that doesn't stop the endless sms asking how I am :wacko:

I get annoyed very easily at most advice people try to give because 99% of the time their not exactly the brightest crayon in the box. Most people are extremely misinformed and ignorant to almost everything.

Yes, I had a lady at the pharmacy almost attacking me with breastfeeding advice. Firstly, daughter was standing next to me so she could clearly see that this baby is not my first. Secondly, she never asked me what I am going to do or did with my firstborn. If she did ahe would know I attempted bf with my dd and I am planning on bf this baby. Grrrrrr some people!

Lol glad Im not the only one...yesterday(my due date) I got some awesome comments "wow your still pregnant? You poor girl!" and "are you sure they got your dates right? Your huge!"....wow thanks for the confidence boost.

Also love when people tell you how much labour is going to hurt...then when you show or say anything about how fearful you are about it it changes to "oh its not that bad you will forget all about it right away"

To me that's stupid how people have to tell their horror stories to pregnant mamas! It's like I don't want to hear how you had the worst experience ever right before I have to do it! Lol!

It did teach me something though when it got so annoying last time... I was one of the first among my friends to have a baby so now that I'm on #2 and they're pregnant with #1 I don't offer any advice unless I'm directly asked. I don't share my birth story even if asked because it was quite unusual and I don't want to stress anyone out! I usually say " you look great" "you must be getting so excited" etc and that's it! Why can't people leave pregos alone???!!!

Om . This is exactly why I'm currently sitting in the nursery trying to remind myself of why I'm still working. Full blown panic attack. And this is my 3rd. I've started hating the mass public.

While I appreciate all the help and advice I am getting from my mom and sister (who has 2 kids now), sometimes it's just too overwhelming. My sister has been giving me SO MUCH STUFF to help me out, but there came a point where I just wanted it to stop. I think it's over now that my due date is fast approaching. I think the main thing that REALLY irks me is that both my parents cannot get past the fact that neither of our 2 cars are suitable enough for having a child. We have 2 MINI Coopers. We love them, we love sports cars, we love driving manual. We had them both before we got pregnant, so it's not like we were prepared or anything. For now, we are searching for something a little bigger for me, but no SUV or minivan, like everyone thinks I should be driving. I am VERY picky with cars, so it's been a hard search, and I always get so offended when everyone makes me look like I don't know anything. We installed the car seat and it's just fine. Can't wait to show them all how fine it fits and how it won't be a problem. Sorry...ranting lol

The worst part is it only gets worse once baby is here. People will lecture you about your child's sleeping and eating habits, behaviour, education, etc. Get used to it ;)

The worst part is it only gets worse once baby is here. People will lecture you about your child's sleeping and eating habits, behaviour, education, etc. Get used to it ;)

unfortunately this is so true! I've had so many arguments and had to listen to so many arguments between myself and mil and my sil and mil! Mil is the worst! The worse argument most recently was sil (my sil and my mil's other dil) took her own daughter to a sunrise mass and planned on taking snacks for DD to keep her occupied (2years old). Mil pitched a holy fit about starving the "baby" after trying everyway under the sun to get sil to let her make DD breakfast before leaving! Then mil proceeded to bring fil into the picture and play victim about how my sil made her feel horrible in her own house! All because sil wanted to let her DD sleep as long as possible and give her dry cereal and juice during a 1hr mass to keep her quiet!! Argh! Some people just don't give up!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->