annoying reverse parking system

kosh

proud new mum!
Reaction score
LO is not here yet but we were in the car today and when we parked it suddently dawn on me that the reverse parking sensors (you know, those that have a horrible beeping sound) that my DH fitted a few months ago will be a nightmare for a newborn!! :dohh:
anyone has them? any suggestions??

can you not turn them off...? we have them on oh car and they have not been a problem for lo even when he was tiny...

Your newborn probably won't notice hun. It might start to affect him/her when a bit older xx

My lo is not bothered by them, I don't find that general noises don't bother him.

I am sure yours will be the same, it's very noisy in the womb, that's why babies settle well with white noise etc

Why would they be a problem? Babies don't notice things like beeps

When Isobel was a newborn we went out for a walk every day, she'd usually nod off in the pram and the last stretch home was along a narrow busy road. Every day several large noisy trucks rumbled by, and at least a couple of times a week an ambulance/police car etc with sirens blaring. She never got woken up by them.

ETA: We also have a reversing beep thingy and its never bothered her. I didn't even think about it when I wrote the post lol!

great to know that he won't be disturbed...!
thanks for your replies :flower:

Our fire alarm went off a few times when Ronan was a newborn and asleep and he didn't even twitch. I don't think you have much to worry about.

I was alway told if you make it silent when baby sleeps they will wake up at every tiny sound but if you carry on making noise and doing whatever you would have Dow if they were awake they sleep better.
It's worked for Flynn, a bomb could go of and he wouldn't wake up!

Don't forget as well he will have been listening to all the noises around you so when he's born it will be a familiar sound anyway.
When I was pregnant I played a certain song over and over and sang it every day and now when it comes on the radio Flynn goes really still and quiet and listens to it. It seems like he remembers it.

I was alway told if you make it silent when baby sleeps they will wake up at every tiny sound but if you carry on making noise and doing whatever you would have Dow if they were awake they sleep better. It's worked for Flynn, a bomb could go of and he wouldn't wake up!

Don't forget as well he will have been listening to all the noises around you so when he's born it will be a familiar sound anyway.
When I was pregnant I played a certain song over and over and sang it every day and now when it comes on the radio Flynn goes really still and quiet and listens to it. It seems like he remembers it.

that's really good to know as i was also getting worried about our floorboards creeking!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->