annyone had a bad experiance whilst going for a scan after mc

zoe87

Im a new mammy!
Reaction score
Dont know really why i have posted this just wanted to share it i guess. Its been a year to the day since my 2nd mc and i cant stop thinking about it.

After my mc i had to attend for a scan to see if everything had passed. So i went for my appointment && was sat in the waiting room with pregnant ladies around me waiting to go in to see their lil babies and they were all chatting away to each other about what they were having and theirs me sat in the corner when one of the women chirps up 'are you having twins'. Well i just burst out crying. My oh had to explain to her what had happend. I know she wasnt to know and was excited. But it jus upsets me i still remember her face && how everyone was all sat. :( sorry for the rant just needed to get it our:cry:

I think it's awful that they mix up ladies going through the pain and distress of mc with ladies going through happy healthy pregnancies - they keep telling us how common it is surely they would know by now how to deal with it :growlmad:

So sorry babe I know exactly how to feel. It hurts so much to go in there even months/years after a MC. i told my dr they need seperate waiting rooms or something. When I went in my last time for my post op follow up there were two ladies there with tiny newborns it just broke my heart I couldnt stop crying. It truly is so hard. Big Hugs.

I know how you feel. Kind of a different story but when I went for my D&C for a missed m/c, they told me that they would put me in recovery afterwards. They didn't - they put me on the maternity ward! It was horrible - TRULY horrible.

I Know exactly what you mean,I'm sorry 4 yur lost. And Bundles of babydust to you.

Ouch! That's just awful!!

In Surrey the hospital had an 'Early Pregnancy Unit' hidden away which was for miscarriages, threatened miscarriage scans, ERPCs etc. I thought it was fabulous. A tiny waiting room with leaflets on MC and two single rooms and a treatment room with a scanner so you needn't go back to maternity. I thought they did that pretty well.

For my ERPC i had a single room in the EPU and was left very much in peace with my OH. I think i would have been a mess if they'd have put me anywhere near maternity - i would have growled that at them too!

Such a shame that the NHS is so inconsistant.

How awful! Ialso cant believe the other lady was put on a maternity ward!

Thankfully a dr in my surgery has a scaning machine so I got scanned there :hugs:

I was just popping through and read this.
Similar thing happened to me when i lost our first baby.
I was sat in a room with pregnant women and was called for my scan etc.
Came back through to wait on the results (why they didnt just tell me then!)
The midwife came through and in front of everyone said "kirsti your baby has died youve miscarried move on and forget about it!"
They words WILL NEVER leave my head!
Ive been lucky enough to go on and have two boys and expecting my third boy.
so im sending YOU ALL alot of baby dust!!! xxxxxxxx

zoe87 - Tell me about it! Why they do it, I don't know. So insensitive. :(

Kirsti - Woah! That's awful - truly unreal. So sorry to hear that happen to you. x x

Mine wasn't a scan, but it was still pretty bad. :(

I had a very early m/c, and a week or so later I was still feeling awful--nauseated, weak, and just all around terrible. I went to the doctor to get checked out, have my hcg level checked to make sure it had decreased properly, etc. I composed myself long enough to talk to the doctor, and she told me that I must be educated since I wasn't upset about the m/c. Apparently, intelligent women realize it's completely "normal" and no big deal. Yes, she actually said all of that. She told me that the symptoms I was feeling were all psychological. It was probably true, but still completely insensitive. They did a pregnancy test just to make sure I really wasn't pregnant anymore, and to tell me the results, she cracked the door and said "you're not pregnant--it's negative."

I still get upset thinking about it. I couldn't believe that a doctor could be so insensitive to a patient's feelings. :growlmad:

Oh yes, I know how you must be feeling :(

When I went for my ERPC I was in with a load of ladies all having abortions...
I was in a right state so they had to put me in a private room in the end!

Also a week after my MC, my doctors appt clashed with the weekly midwife clinic, I was surrounded by bumps. It was awful!

The final straw was two weeks after my MC, on mothers day, my SIL announced she was pregnant with her first & due 4 days after my own due date. I was physicaly sick at that point.

I'm still not 100% over it, but the sad feelings have gradually faded away as each month has gone by. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->