Another crazy preg dream!

PeanutBean

Mumma to B & I
Reaction score
So last night I dreamt that DH and I went to get a pram and he was all excited about it. We drove to the shop and he was driving, even though he doesn't and was in the passenger seat, and he managed to hit a wall and small the front light in. I was asking if he was ok and he was all weird and then hit reverse and sped off without looking. We were whizzing past traffic honking not able to see where we were going (metaphor much?!). He wouldn't stop though I was begging. Eventually I climbed on to his lap, prised his foot off the accelerator and was able to brake without crashing. Seems he had flipped with the whole baby thing and suddenly couldn't cope with it all. Woke me up panting and sweating!

It's so weird, all these dreams about DH not listening to me when all he does is listen and take care. I also seem to be convinced, subconsciously, that he's going to fall into commitment phobia at some time soon!

Anyone else having silly metaphorical dreams?

I'm having lots of different dreams in which I look down and suddenly realize that I have drunk some sort of alcohol without realizing it. Sometimes it's just a pint of beer, other times I realize that I have polished off a whole bottle of wine and that I'm really drunk. Then a wave of guilt and fear just washes over me.
I have not touched a drop of alcohol since conception, and I'm pretty sure I can spot alcohol and am in no danger of "accidentally" drinking some, so I would guess this is one big metaphor for Mum Fears. What if I somehow harm my baby?
No real dreams about actual babies yet. But my husband keeps having dreams that we are having a little girl and now insists on finding out the sex next week at the scan to see if he really is clairvoyant!:)

I have dreams where I'm smoking again sometimes, or where I take drugs while pregnant without fully 'knowing' what I'm doing? I don't think they mean anything, I think it's our subconsious showing us our inner fears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->