Another evening spent at EPU :(

Lisa2701

Reaction score
As some of you may know I experience spotting/light bleeding between 5-6.5 weeks. I've had two scans and seen babies heart beat at 7 weeks. I am not 8+4 and last night was at a friends having dinner and got home to discover I was bleeding again, but heavier but still wasn't overly alarmed as the midwifes had though the bleeding was coming from my cervix rather than my uterus. Popped a pad on and DH and I went to walk the dogs. We were out 5 minutes when I felt a trickle, sure enough it was blood. Went into the early pregnancy unit and they took bloods and done an internal. The blood is coming from my uterus. Last night I soaked through a pad and had a large clot and lots of pains in my stomach but the gynaecologist said my cervix was still closed and a single clot isn't anything to be concerned about. The bleeding has slowed down considerably but I am still bleeding. I am due to have another scan tomorrow to see if the pregnancy is still ongoing or not.

Any other ladies bleed heavily and the pregnancy go on to be healthy? I feel so alone as I just can't see how I could bleed so heavily and everything be ok but DH refuses to acknowledge that this might not be a good outcome and had agreed to go to work tomorrow after the scan. Now he's barely talking to me since I told him I thought that was a bad idea in case it is te worse case. Really need his support but it's like walking on egg shells around him so I've just come to lie in bed. :cry:

Thank you ladies. The bleeding has stopped. I want to think that's a good sign but just not sure that the baby can be ok after last nights bleeding :( I will up date you all tomorrow.

With dd2, i bled heavily on and off from approx 5 weeks to 9, i was told on several occasions to prepare for the worst, but luckily baby was fine, shes now a 4 year old going on 14, good luck tomorrow hun, i know how horrible the waiting is.
Also my hubby was the same, wouldn't even entertain that it could not be a positive outcome, he did eventually explain that he wanted to remain positive in front of me xxx big hugs xxx

No experience but wanted to wish you good luck!!
can not imagin how frightened you must be,I too have an early scan tomorrow.
xx

Thank you for all the well wishes ladies. My scan is not until 14.30 this afternoon, just trying to stay busy.

My heart, thank you for sharing your experience, I'm delighted to hear your dd is doing well. Gives me hope.

I had pretty bad bleeding (bright red) and passing clots too and my baby was still there during the scan. I am also 8+5 today :)

My husband was exactly the same as you, scheduling work commitments after scans and I know EXACTLY how you feel. My husband is a pretty positive person. I find it hard to always be so positive and it upsets me when he won't accept there is a possibility of a bad outcome.

Anyway good luck Hun, I think you will get a good outcome. Let us know.

So glad everything ok for you Nikoru!!

Baby is fine, good strong heart beat and even seen moving during the scan :cloud9:

But disappointed with photo quality I got as she had better imagines of the baby but the main thing is s/he is fine and growing well!! Measuring 8+6 and 2.8cm :cloud9: which in comparison to my scan at 7+1 where it was 8mm is a huge growth 😃 no reason for the bleeding could be found thoigh which leaves me a bit on tender hooks not knowing if it's likely to happen again. Going to take things extra easy next few weeks till I get to 12 weeks.

Such a relief though and for a man who was adamant the baby was going to be ok my DH let out a huge sigh of relief, I swear he'd been holding his breath!

I'll try get my scan photo up soon but it's not working just now :(

Good to hear!!! Any type of bleeding would spaz me out, but it sounds like everything is progressing as it should. :)

Glad scan went fine hun and baby is well, take it easy xxx

So pleased all was well at your scan.

My best friend had a number of very heavy bleeds throughout her first pregnancy. So much so that she was convinced on more than one occasion she was utterly convinced she was miscarrying. It was a very stressful pregnancy because of the bleeds, and her now 9 year old daughter is reminded that she was even a diva in utero! Ha ha.

It must be terrifying to experience but I'm just so pleased you had good news! X

Ah I'm so glad it was good news! Yes the blood is terrifying. Just take care of yourself! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->