Another false + on an FRER?

BABY TALES

Reaction score
So,after getting a faint false + on an FRER last month,I am wondering if I've got another..

The reason I am asking is because whilst I was doing the test, (I dipped it in a pot rather than mid-stream),I noticed that the control line was very visible before the urine stream even touched it..it had pink colour to it already.

There is a very faint line in the test area too, that came up within a minute or so.

This is a dud test,right?

hun I'm not sure - do you have another you can do? Or can you post a pic?

x x x

SBB,it was seeing your post that made me decided to test (again)! I replied to your post then went straight and did mine! I have tried to photo it but it's really blurred. Just gonna pop in into scanner now.To be honest tho,I think it's fading.

:nope: well if it's fading maybe try again tomorrow..

Will have a look at pic when you post

:hugs:

Well,here it is..I know it's not a brilliant picture! But.it does show where the top of the line is...and if you tilt,squint etc..

I had a proper stash of tests ...typical that this is my last test!

Attachments

• 16.04.jpg
    16.04.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 63
I can see the top of the line easily...
I'm not sure what to say other than hold your pee for a few hours and go get some more tests!

Fingers crossed x x x

Look like you and me are gonnna have a fun day then-although your line looks so much more convincing than mine! Fx for us both!

Hey Baby Tales,

I don't want to disappoint you, but the new FRER tests are different from the old tests in that the antibody strip is now visible where on the old tests it was completely invisible. They use Polymeric Amplification Technology which basically means that any sort of faint line will be more visible on the tests, thus possibly giving a visible positive result earlier than with the old tests. Unfortunately this means that most tests do have a visible, very faint pink line. It's very frustrating because I used to love those tests, but now I rely on the Dollar Tree tests.

Now it might still be too early to test, so even though you did not have a truly positive result, there might still be one coming. Now that you know what the antibody strip looks like, the next time you use a FRER just look at the test beforehand so you know what it looks like, and then after if the line is much darker, or even darker than the lines you've already gotten, then you can count it as a positive. Best of luck! Baby dust!

Many thanks Change. I'm not disapointed because this will be the second time this has happened,the 1st time being last cycle..when I got AF two days after.

On this test,the control line was very visable before the test was complete-i would say it was almost pink,well before any urine touched it.

On that basis,I am guessing that the test was 'overloaded' with dye.

Its just frustrating,because this was the 2nd test of a 2 pack,and the 1st test was clearly negative.

Af is due Sat/Sun so I'll know soon enough anyway.

Thanks for the info though x

id do a digi hun! I got a + 10dpo on the digi xxxx

Yeah, I was let down pretty hard last month. Not only was my cycle much longer than I expected, but I kept getting faint positives on every test I took. FRER, Dollar Tree, various blue dye tests (I don't trust them, but I was running out of options), everything I peed on gave me a faint second line. :wacko:

At 18DPO I ended up using a digital and it was negative.

Why can't we all just get that really strong BFP at like 1DPO and be done and pregnant? :winkwink:

Best of luck to you!

Wow Babydance! I think I'm going to wait till after weekend to see if AF shows-I really don't think anything would show up on a digi at mo.

On the plus side-I have been having cramps for days nows,but they seem different to af,and tonite I have had a bit of ewcm/stringy stuff so fx

Good luck hun looking forward to seeing another test :D

x x x

That must have been really awful for you Change x

Are things settling back down for you now?

Aw thanks SBB -and you too!

I had another look at your pics and they both look to me!

Thanks hun :D

I've done 5 today, 3 different brands and all have faint lines :D

x x x

That must have been really awful for you Change x

Are things settling back down for you now?

Well I'm ovulating right now, and that's good because it's CD14, and my LP is 15 days. So no 30-something day cycle nonsense should be expected this month! I didn't temp last month and I never got a super strong OPK, so I think last cycle was just an odd one. I'd say things are better this month!

It's all in God's hands now, but I'm definitely very optimistic about this cycle!

I really hope you get your BFP soon! And a real one! None of this faint-line BS!

FXFXFX!!!

Thats better news then Change-things seem to be going in the right direction-let me know how you get on.

:dust::dust::dust:

for all of us then!

And SBB thats BRILL XX

so i just have question about the First Response hpt's. Those are all i use...should i consider a different one then or just wait. yall are making me nervous now! lol...

:dust: for all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->