Another growth scan :-(

special_kala

love my bugs
Reaction score
Had a MW appointment today and fundal measurement hasnt changed in 3 weeksplus with 3 episodes of reduced movement she wants a growth scan today :nope:

Already feel messed around by the hospital when i called to let them know im coming, one is too busy and the other is out of town. They said they will put me on the monitor and "maybe" refer me for a scan so already second guessing my MW :growlmad:

He hasn't felt right all week and my MW knows how much i want a homebirth so she knows i wouldnt risk being put as high risk if i didnt feel it was warrented.

Hope everything goes ok, keep us updated x

Are you serious. If your midwife is requesting a scan they have to give you one. Gl Hun and fingers crossed babe is just running out of room xx

:hugs: Kala I hope everything goes fine x

Long day!

Thankfully got a very nice MW who put my scan form in before putting me on the monitor. It seems when hes asleep hes really a sleep and nothing makes him move until hes ready to, even moving onto my side didnt effect his very flat baseline but then he has little periods of movement which the MWs say is whats important.

Scan went ok, estimated 7lbs1 so above average but his growth has slowed a little.

Got to see a consultant next week and watch his movement very carefully.

My gut tells me something isnt right so am seriously re thinking the homebirth plans.

Feel very frustrated, on the surface hes doing ok not small and good blood flow from placenta but something just doesnt feel right.

Glad you got the scan ok.

I always say trust your gut. What day have you got the consultant?

Not sure, mw put it through as urgent.

Im struggling with the homebirth decision as part of me thinks i should listen to my gut because its saying we will have complications but also thinking going into hospital could be the cause of those complications iykwim

thats a choice only you can make. you will make the right one :hugs:

I actually want to go into this consultant appointment and ask to be induced at 38 weeks which you know isnt like me at all.

no that isn't like you. What have the mw's said when you have said you think something is wrong?

My MW can see i wouldnt say im uncomfortable with his movements etc unless i was really worried because she knows how important a homebirth is to us and all the bits we have prepared but at the hospital all they can look at is whats infront of them which medically is ok apart from him having longer sleep periods then the average baby.

I bet he will happily go to 42 weeks and be a beast of a baby lol but something is just nagging at me :-(

I think if it is nagging you that much I would ask for a longer period on the monitor? maybe 24 hours worth of obs? Then they can get a true picture of what is going on.

Oliver didn't move a lot, I was talking to the mw about it today, this baby moves a hell of a lot. So I do know the worry, Oliver had his cord round his neck twice and was compressing it. No one knew that at the time because all these guide lines about hiccups weren't around. He went to 42 weeks and was fine. But if I had known what I know now he would have most prob been induced earlier. x

glad your scan went ok. i agree with pink flowers too follow your gut instinct. i truly believe we are more in tune with our bodies then the health care teams. you feel something is nagging at you. then don't ignore it. xxx

Gut instinct is usually right.

Just wait and see what they say and you can make your choices.

If you're not 100% confident with homebirth I'd say go to hospital. I know you think it may be te cause of complications but having worry at home that something may go wrong may also be a cause of complications.

Main thing now is just try to relax until your next appointment x

Sorry to hear you're worried kala :hugs: But at least glad the scan went ok.

Is it only the movement that's worrying you? Anything else at all? I will say that the one I'm carrying now is quite literally a lunatic movement wise, but Noah wasn't at all. He was much less active and came out healthy and happy. If it had been the other way around I may have worried but because I had the lazy one first I didn't know any different.

Have you got a Doppler at all? That could help put your mind at rest from day to day. And maybe if you kept a record of his movements and patterns every day you could see if anything changes or slows down. As for home birth versus hospital, I think you need to decide what makes you more comfortable; being closer to more medical professionals might put you at more ease, which is the whole point of a home birth. If its too great a distance for your peace of mind it will be counter productive :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->