Another insensitive remark

JASMAK

Mom of three
Reaction score
I went to lunch with a friend I don't see very often anymore. The last time I saw her was when our kids did swim lessons together in the summer. Today she asked me if I was still ttc, and I said yes, two years now. She said, "oohhh, I could be pregnant right now (snaps her fingers) if I wanted too...but I don't."

Great, good for her! Bitch! Ahhh...they just don't see it do they??? Because she is a really nice person. But, that hurt.

What the hell is wrong with some people. I will quote Jennifer Aniston on this one, that they must "be missing a sensitivity chip". What a bitch to have said that! :hugs: to you hun xx

Wow!! Such an INSENSITIVE thing for her to say!!! I would have been steaming inside!!! It's so hard to brush those comments off. They piss me off so much. Anytime I have ever heard comments like that from a person I don't EVER mention TTC to them again and actually lie and say I'm not TTC if they ask. It just pisses me off too much when I hear stupid comments (see my favorite blinkie below!!!!) Anway, just wanted to give you big :hug:.

:hugs: Lesley

Excuse my language, but what a fucking bitch!!

My friend made a comment the other night about how she got her tubes tied b/c she was not even trying for her 2 daughters when she got pregnant and she wishes I was as fertile as she was.....yeah that makes 2 of us that wish that!!

My boss is like that, she was on hrt and got pregnant! shes constantly reminded me about that for 14months

Should've said "Yes. Good for you. I could walk out of here and leave you sat here alone, you insensitive bitch, and I want to...but I'm better than that."

I am glad that you all thought it was rude too. I thought I was just being overly-sensitive. I feel better now. Thanks. :)

Unbelievable ... some people need to engage brains before speaking!! I'm not sure I could've held my tongue

:hug:

I haven't been trying that long, but before I had my girls I did try for a long time. Even now not trying so long hearing something like that would have pushed me over the edge.

arrr no way!!! some people just dont think, to be honest before i was in this situation i wouldnt realise how upsetting it can be, like our neighbour said to me, wow you have been married over 2 years now i though you would be pregnant by now!!!! she doesnt even know i am trying so i know she didnt mean it in a nasty way, but i have said to someone before i was TTC hey you not preggers yet, but now i will NEVER say anything like that again coz you never no they may be in our situation:blush:

Lomate - i love that blinky!!!!
yes i agree, no holding back, nice person or not that was really fucking insensitive and some what bitchy.
if only we had the nerve to say something at the time, its always afterwards int it.
big hugs.
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back