Another loss

octoberlove

Reaction score
I'm sorry to plague this board with more bad news but I don't know where to turn. I've been fairly quiet on the boards as I've been very cautious with this pregnancy. My first pregnancy ended at 6w5d in November last year. I've been worried throughout this pregnancy but overall optimistic about this one. At 7w1d I had a transvaginal us that showed a tiny bean and heartbeat. My husband and I went in today, 11w1d, expecting to hear the heartbeat. I've been worried, but again, really believed this baby was meant to be. I had all day nausea from about 7w until 9.5w... I did start to worry more when the nausea went away but tried not to think too much of it. Anyway, there was no heartbeat today. Baby was measuring 9w. I have a d&c scheduled for Monday morning...has anyone gone through this? I am so absolutely devastated... I don't know how to keep functioning. The first MC was horrible but it happened a mere two weeks after I found out I was pregnant. Not that it made it any easier...but this time I've known for almost two months. I knew the risks but I thought I was on my way to crossing into that safety zone. Anyway...thanks for listening. If anyone has any thoughts/experience with d&c please share, I'm so scared. And I wish all of you a happy and healthy 9 months. Nobody deserves to go through this.

Hi hun I'm so sorry for your losses :hugs: I went into my appointment at 13+6 and they couldn't detect a heartbeat, so we went and had an ultrasound the next day at 14 weeks and the baby stopped growing at 8 weeks. I had a D&C the following day, it wasn't too bad but had a lot of cramping and bleeding for two weeks, even passed some clots. Had my AF two weeks after bleeding. It was very difficult going so long thinking I was pregnant, you get attached so quickly! I hope you get your little rainbow soon!

I'm so sorry ;( It is so hard when (anytime) but being further along...kills you...My baby stopped growing around that same time...I was 10 weeks when I found out. I know I am going to be terrified my next pregnancy. They said it was chromosomal - Did they say anything why for you?

It really helped me to do the at hope pills to induce labor, it was so painful, and awful, but I got to hold my little baby, and then found a funeral home that cremated for free - so I have a tiny urn of my little angel forever - then got a necklace that holds ashes, I wear it every day. I ended up needing 2 D&c's afterwards (unheard of) because the placental tissue just did not want to come out...but if you could opt for this, or ask to keep the remains to cremate - I know it helped me SO much with closure. It wasn't until months after my due date and miscarriage support group I really found peace...but having the ashes really helps.

If you want to talk, I am here. I even got myself a kitten on my due date (when I had 3 cats already) so I could have a baby. That helped too.

<3

I'm sorry to plague this board with more bad news but I don't know where to turn. I've been fairly quiet on the boards as I've been very cautious with this pregnancy. My first pregnancy ended at 6w5d in November last year. I've been worried throughout this pregnancy but overall optimistic about this one. At 7w1d I had a transvaginal us that showed a tiny bean and heartbeat. My husband and I went in today, 11w1d, expecting to hear the heartbeat. I've been worried, but again, really believed this baby was meant to be. I had all day nausea from about 7w until 9.5w... I did start to worry more when the nausea went away but tried not to think too much of it. Anyway, there was no heartbeat today. Baby was measuring 9w. I have a d&c scheduled for Monday morning...has anyone gone through this? I am so absolutely devastated... I don't know how to keep functioning. The first MC was horrible but it happened a mere two weeks after I found out I was pregnant. Not that it made it any easier...but this time I've known for almost two months. I knew the risks but I thought I was on my way to crossing into that safety zone. Anyway...thanks for listening. If anyone has any thoughts/experience with d&c please share, I'm so scared. And I wish all of you a happy and healthy 9 months. Nobody deserves to go through this.

Ah Hun I am so so sorry for your loss :( it is just the cruelest thing, and so not fair.
Surround yourself with love and let your heart heal, you will have your rainbow x x x

I am so sorry to hear this. The loss boards on here are really helpful and you might find more people there with advice and experience to help you xxx

Hi hun

Sorry for your loss. I had a D&C in December (10wk - baby measured 6w 5days) It was chromosome abnormality - which I saw as actually positive - because as hard as it is, your body did what it's meant to do.

The D&C was very straightforward, I'm glad I opted for it. I had mild pains (needed paracetamol, nothing more) afterwards and the bleeding was like a period for about a week. We abstained for 2 weeks afterwards to avoid infections.

Each Dr. seems different but we were advised to have 2 regular cycles before trying again. In the end was glad they said this, we had a family holiday (where I could eat and drink everything) and it took the pressure off - I think I would have desperately tried again asap but, as it was, the break gave me time to regain my emotional balance and get healthy (keep taking the prenatals) and almost have a much needed TTC break.

The first cycle back I got pregnant again with this bean :)

You'll be back in no time.

xxxx

So sorry to hear this! :hugs: I've had two losses one at 9 weeks and another at 11 weeks it's an awful time to go through and very unfair I haven't any experience of d&c's as I took the natural option but it took weeks for me to miscarry and then I was rushed to hospital with heavy bleeding due to infection so a d&c would of proberly been better, just try to stay strong hunny. X

Im so sorry xxxx I had my first recent loss in 2012. I had just heard the baby move at 12 weeks on the wednesday at the midwifes she couldnt pick up the hb but we both heard my lo move and it really put my mind at rest as id been plagued by brown blood and bh since 5 weeks and was worried but as id had 3 children before with no probs there was no scan, 2 days later and in the aft I started to get contraction pains and the blood turned red, I was terrified and immediately went to a and e where they couldnt of cared less tbh and said there was no one able to scan me (it was 8pm on a fri) I was examined and the doctors hands were covered in clots after but still I clung to hope. I was discharged and got up to leave and that's when all hell broke loose. I started to hemorrhage v badly and was rushed to theatre for an emergency d and c. I needed 2 blood transfusions after and my bp dropped to 87/43. Tbh the d and c was nothing compared to the natural mc I had in my next pregnancy and I had no pain and only little bleeding but I will never forget walking home in the sunshine from the mw's so happy to have heard my lo and two days later they were gone. Even though I went on to have my beautiful son last year you never forget and I will always, always have them in my heart forever. Ive just found out I'm 4 weeks pregnant so the worry starts again xxxxxxxxwishing you lots luv xxxxx

I suffered a MMC back in October, All I can say is how sorry I am you're going through this. It really is devastating and unexpected. As you, I went for my ultrasound to find there was no heartbeat and I had so many symptoms so I believed deep down it was meant to be and it really was happening..I had a D&C, it was fairly quick and I did prefer how fast it was over physically, but emotionally it hurt and still does. I'm praying for you and there's always light at the end I promise. I found out I was pregnant just 2 weeks after having the D&C which was so strange as I was on pills to prevent it, but I believe what's meant to be will be and now I'm over half way with a baby boy, you'll get your healthy bean. Good luck for Monday, it's over faster than you realize and there's wonderful ladies on the Miscarriage forum. x

Thank you ladies for all of your kind words. And to those of you who have been through this and shared your stories...I truly appreciate it. It keeps that little bit of hope left in my heart.

I am so sorry :hugs: . I had a mmc in January, I thought I was 11 weeks but baby had stopped growing at 6/7 weeks.

You are in my thoughts, it is a really horrible time and I wouldn't wish this experience on my worst enemy.

Take care

xxxx

I hope you are still hanging in there - I remember after my mmc, I got very lonely and felt forgotten as time passed. It was all that was on my mind, and all I wanted to talk about for so very long. Just wanted to check up on you- How did the procedure go? How are you feeling? Please feel free to PM me if you want to talk. <3 :hugs:

I have not advice but just wanted to say that I am so sorry :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->