ANOTHER maternity leave Q. (sorry! but help needed)

Mummymoo_x

Reaction score
So I've been working for the company for 2 years. (UK) I know I'm entitled to maternity leave.

BUT..main question is.. if the company I work for doesn't allow holidays/annual leave to be taken during Oct til Dec.... does this mean I can't use my holidays say 2 weeks before my maternity leave starts? If its in December?

I just dare not ask. I don't know what my rights are.. does the circumstances change because I'm pregnant I'm not sure? Anyone ? :)

ALSO..I've told my employers when I want my maternity leave to start, I offered them my matb1 form but they said it was fine, so I kept it. So am I right in thinking they will sort all my payments out for me or does it need to be official? Someone please help! X

I don't think you have any different rights to take annual leave than any other employee but your boss might be a bit more flexible since you're going to be off soon anyway. My holiday runs jan-dec and we aren't allowed to carry any hours over into the following year but my boss is allowing me to carry over a few since I'm finishing mid-jan anyway. Always worth it to ask, worst they can do is say no.

I'm not sure about the matB1. I thought it was required to 'prove' your pregnancy to your employer but I don't know if they have to do anything with it. Hopefully someone else will
Know.

They claim the SMP element off the government so I would think they need your matb1, I would photocopy it and insist they keep it.

In regards to annual leave I imagine they don't have to but they will, if you say I want to leave on Dec 1st for example, then say but I want to use 2 weeks of annual leave and then start mat leave on the 14th, or you could try using all your annual leave at the end if it can be carried over. I think the only thing going against you is perhaps time, it's best to have got your dates sorted ASAP.

Thankyou..its just confusing at the moment with having a different manager & not really knowing who to go to about it!but I will deffo ask the new manager... :) haha I just want it to be official and sorted. :) as I'm counting down the days haha x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->