Another message of hope - born at 24+4 - Now with pics!!

PrincessPea

Mummy to Jessica
Reaction score
Hey all,

I have been lurking on Baby and Bump for some time now, starting when I was pregnant and found many answers to many pregnancy questions - you know the things no one tells you about?!?! lol

On the 21st September I found myself eligible for this lovely wee cosy forum after giving birth to a baby girl - Jessica - at 24+4, weighing 1lb 5oz, due to severe pre-eclampsia.

On Monday just passed, my beautiful girl was discharged from the Neonatal Unit after 1 day short of 13 weeks. She weighed 4lb 14oz on discharge and today weighed in at 5lb 2oz with the HV.

It has been one hell of a journey with ups and downs but we know from what we have witnessed that we are some of the lucky ones as we have had it relatively easy. She has not come out unscathed and there are a few medical issues to be seen to and we have the usual acid reflux etc etc but we know how VERY lucky we are to have her here.

I just wanted to post this message as I know in the first few days and weeks any stories of hope helped me to see that sometimes these little fighters do beat the odds (I was given a 50/50 chance of her surviving before I was rushed for an emergency c-sec and I was only able to receive one dose of steroids.)

I tried to post pics but they appear to be too big to upload.

Anyway hope this helps at least someone. xx

Attachments

• IMG_0256.jpg
    IMG_0256.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_0179.jpg
    IMG_0179.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_0159.jpg
    IMG_0159.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 83
  • JESSDAY1.jpg
    JESSDAY1.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 67
Hiya! Well done to your little girl. Sounds like she is doing really well.

Yeeeeey another scot pmsl we're taking over LOL jessica was a great weight!
:) x

Thanks girls.

Sb22 yes it does appear there are quite a few of us Scots who dont do things by halfs!!! Lol :haha:

She was a good weight (although it didnt feel that at the time!!!!) but I did think when I was pregnant that I was actually a week further on according to my dates and they did say at my 12 week scan that although the bambino measured 11 weeks she was curled up and wouldnt straighten out (she still has that stubborness and its probably what got her to where she is today!!! lol

I dont think there is many from London. Mostly everyone is scottish :haha:

congrats she sounds like a little fighter

Congrats on your little fighter and :hi: to our little section

yes congratulations! And many thanks for sharing your message of hope, these also really helped me when I was going through this nightmare - I would lurk here and read anything positive I could hang on to :hugs:

I think we may have, now that you have said you think you have met Dasy25 - did we meet at that Bliss meeting possibly??

I think we may have, now that you have said you think you have met Dasy25 - did we meet at that Bliss meeting possibly??

Yep! Glad you came to join us (both here and there)

I must get round to organising the January meeting:thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->