another MIL/mom rant

lori

Mom to Simon & Oliver
Reaction score
I just need to rant. Both my mom and my MIL are driving me crazy, but it's not anything I can call them out on because they would just say they're kidding or that I'm being too defensive.

My mom always likes to say "your mean mommy won't let you do such-and-such", makes jokes about how my son can come live with her if we're mean, and the other day she made a joke about how his first word was going to be "grandma" and kept repeating it over and over in his face. REALLY made me angry. She makes "jokes" about how LO would be better off with her instead of me and OH. I get this crazy feeling that she's a bit jealous and sees me as an obstacle in her way. Makes me kind of sad :cry:

My MIL always talks through the baby (acting cutesy) to criticize our parenting decisions. We get constant guilt trips for not being available every single time she decides she wants to see LO that day. How dare we have plans? She looks after foster kids and is incredibly strict with them (I'd call her just plain mean), and I can't imagine leaving my baby in that situation. Her response to everything is "well I never had a bit of help with my babies" (when I know damn well she did) then complains that my mom is spending every day at my house with the baby (SO not true) :growlmad:

This was pointless, just needed to get it off my chest :gun:

Awwww :hugs: hun. Sorry your mom and mil are making you feel so crap. You know you're doing a good job so don't let their jealousy/jokes/criticism make you doubt yourself.

I'm lucky that both my parents and mil live 3-4 hours drive away so we don't see them very often because they would both drive me crazy too. My mom, just because she is crazy (not joking, she's on lots of meds that keep her from being as crazy as she was when I was growing up). My mil because she would be over pretty much everyday if she could and although I love her to bits, she would try to take over and raise my dd. She's always telling Clara how she loves her best (errr no, me and dh love her best!) and that she can go live there (wtf!?). She also told me I was mean because in a video I took of Clara crawling I used one of her toys to get her to come toward me and everytime she got to it I moved it back again to entice her. And she wasn't kidding either, she really thought I was mean. Anyhow, sorry for going on so much in your thread....feels good to rant though. And to those people who think I'm just being overly sensitive - you don't know my mom/mil so don't judge please.

my MIL was constantly calling me 'mean', 'nasty' and 'stupid' through the baby. (whats your nasty mummy doing to you?)
hubby had words with her and told her that we don't belittle her through her grandson so please don't do it to us. She did stop, but if she didn't, we were going to do it to her. (is your mean old grandma being rude about your mummy again?)

as with the talking through your LO - do it back.
(you tell grandma to mind her own business) (awww - is grandma telling you that mummy is doing it all wrong again? Tell grandma to put a sock in it?)

best of luck

(you tell grandma to mind her own business) (awww - is grandma telling you that mummy is doing it all wrong again? Tell grandma to put a sock in it?)

best of luck

Haha hilarious, I think that would be a fabulous response!

/QUOTE]

OMG! You made me splutter water when I read that! :haha:

Love it! I was at my mums yesterday and she had a moan because I kept telling her not to whip up Thomas! Thomas was so sleepy and kept on head nodding, (iykwim) he hardly ever self-settles, so we were letting him just drift off and my mum was going 'Thomas, Thomas!' getting louder and louder and I was just like mum, please let him fall asleep! Then I got, 'oh I am not even allowed to tlak to my grandson now!' I said, you are - but not whilst he is trying to fall asleep!'
I felt so annoyed. Its like they actually forget how to be parents. I got the whole you need to persevere with giving him a bottle when he has refused a bottle and is happy with a beaker. I have told her that actually it is reccommended that he is moved to a beaker at 6 months so no I WILL NOT give him a bottle. Also, a dummy would really help settle him. AAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!! No, we have tried a dummy several times and he has spat them out every time. I am NOT going to force one on him now he is 6 months old! MY BABY MY RULES, YOU HAVE HAD YOUR TURN NOW ITS MINE!!!!! Mum wasnt too pleased when I told her that.
Why cant they just stop interfering?!
Sorry, have taken over your thread with a major rant of my own! At least you know you are not alone!
xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->