Another new one :)

quaints

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've been lurking for over a week now and having seen everyone's tickers I need one to! :hissy:

I found out 5th January, which was sort of a shock as it wasn't planned but on the otherside of things I knew something felt different :dohh: So far, I've mostly been having cramps, some feeling sick and gone off some of my fave cheese dishes :cry: so no more lasagne for me atm.

Me and OH very quickly got engaged, although since we got the cat everyone knew it wasn't far off. Apparently he was waiting for my birthday in May so wasn't too far ahead of schedule :) We have told family and close friends about the baby and the engagement to anyone who wants to listen. So, somehow we have a wedding to plan before the little one decides to come along.

I also commute to London daily (1 hour 30 mins roughly each way), so would be really grateful to hear how other's who travel or work stupidly long hours have handled being pregnant.

Well enough from me, I hope to get to know some of you over the next 9 months!

Tina

Hi Tina

Welcome and congrats, I'm new on here to but I am at the other end of the scale being 38 weeks pregnant. I am now on maternity leave but did the daily commute although mine was only train, no tube thank god. I was travelling an hour each way and it wasn't too bad as I always got a seat. On few occasions I didn't and only once did someone offer one up. I see you can buy a badge which says baby on board which makes it obvious to people that your pregnant. I would always carry a bottle of water with you. You will find it really tiring not just because of the commute but just how pregnancy makes you feel. Sometimes I literally just wanted to sleep at my desk especially in early pregnancy, later on your just be worn out and uncomfortable if seated in your chair too long. However, your get through it and be on mat leave before you know it. Which I never thought I'd say it but is much more boring than I ever thought it would be. Your too knackered to do anything! just waiting for the arrival.

Good luck with your pregnancy and wedding.

Welcome to BnB sure you will love it here, everyones soooo lovely =] If you want a ticker just click on someone elses and it will open up a new window and take you to the site to make one, or just google pregnancy tickers and go from there =] oooh and then i think you go to user cp and edit signature and paste the code there!! Congratulations and Good Luck xxxx

Thanks everyone :)

I was due to have my midwife today but she phoned and cancelled as the receptionist had only given us 20 minutes together (despite telling me it would be an hour long appointment). So have to wait now till 4th February as she doesn't want to see me till I'm at least 8 weeks gone. Oh well :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->