another newbie joining the WTT club

fairy1984

Reaction score
hello all,

I thought i'd finally introduce myself,
i'm 24, as is my OH. we both have fairly good careers and had thought we would concentrate on these for a few years but recently something has changed inside me and i feel like I need to have a baby. I think this is down to me having PCOS and not knowing how long it will take for us to concieve (i'm one of those control freaks who likes to plan everything).

My OH definatly wants to have babies but is worried as we have a mortgage based on both our salaries so we're saving hard to try and compensate for that.

The thing is, I wonder if there'll ever be a magic amount of money that makes us feel like we'll be ok to have a baby?! i've read alot of threats on here about how much babies cost and really it seems that amount varies.

wow this has turned into a long intro but I just wanted to stop hiding in the background and say hello to you all :hi:

and WELCOME :) It is a scary prospect isn't it but exciting too!

PS. I responded to your post in the saving for a baby thread.

:hug:

Welcome! And honestly, if you wait to be financially secure, you will be waiting forever... unless you win a nice size lotto LOL Good luck!!

Hiya! I know how you feel on the money issue and wondering what the magic amount is...

Hi and welcome- I think money wise as long as you have saved money to buy the set up stuff and enough to help your OH based on a year off work then that should be ok as you will have your 6 weeks pay, then your maternity pay. This is what I am aiming at - obviously any more is a bonus to cover appliance breakdowns/emergency money. It is difficult to say an actual amount I guess - but don't forgot you can save while TTC and the 9 months that you are pregnant too - you don't know how long this may be.

Good luck :dance:

Thanks to all of you for replying. Yeah I think there is no magic amount but if my OH and I sit down and work things through thinking about how much it will cost to buy baby stuff (which i'm hoping wont be that much as we will have two sets of first time grandparents who i'm sure will want to buy us lots of bits) and then how much it would cost to have me off work for a year (which is my ideal amount of time) then we have an amount to aim for.

ooooh i'm so excited by this whole process! :baby::baby::baby::baby:

hi and welcome to BnB. tbh i found the most expensive bit was buying the initial stuff like pram, cot, nursery furniture etc . since then it really hasnt been all that expensive (or i wouldnt be planning #2 lol) my youngest neice isnt much older than faith so my sister is always giving me nice clothes which saves a bit of money. if i sat and added up everything we'd spent on her i think i'd prob have a heart attack but most of that is the treats oh gets her every week and xmas and birthday. i dnt think there is every a perfect time moneywise to ttc u jus sorta have to bite the bullet and go for it! like mrs doddy says theres plenty of time to save while ttc and pg. thats my opinion anyways x

Hi and welcome - I agree with what most others have said - there will probably never be a time when you are in the perfect situation for a baby - especially money wise. I think you always think you could be in a better situation.

Good luck on your journey x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->