another question! Wipes!

Annabel

Reaction score
Do you ladies use the washable wipes? Im thinking they sound like a good idea to throw them in the bin along with the nappies and then wash them all together, but how practical are they?

As soon as I get my Spuggies fleece wipes, I'll be using them instead of disposable wipes. Like you say, I can then just chuck the wipe in the bucket with the dirty nappy - no putting one thing in the bucket and one thing in the bin.

They are 1000 times better than disposable ones and very practical. They do a far better job, you can use them wet or dry, they are far easier to use. One, with a bowl of water, will do the job each time,. They'll save you a small fortune, and they don't contain nasty chemicals! Just as a warning, someone once left a packet of disposable wipes open and upside down on my dining room table. I didn't find them until the next day, by which time the place where the opening had been and the wipes were actually i contact with the table, the varnish on my table had actually been removed! And that was from one of the leading brands - mentioning no names!

I have been using washable wipes for months and think they are great! Some made from fleece alone but ive been making some with towelling and cotton and they work loads better!!

Kinda yea i guess but i use bamboo towelling which is a lot softer than cotton and they are smaller than a flannel!!

I actually got some bamboo ones from the Popin (as we <3 their nappies) and found them a tad small, so bought some cheap cotton flannels and they were FAB for poo! So the bamboo ones I use for pee/the last wipe and the big flannel for the 'main stuff' we also have fleece from an old cheapy blanket :)

I looooooooooove my washable wipes and will never ever ever again use disposies- although we do have a pack of Jackson Reece herbal wipes on the side for SUPER poosplosions :rofl:

SO simple- I have a bowl (with lid) of water that I put a few drops of tea tree oil in and a squirt of baby bath every other day. And I use Cheeky Wipes which are fab- just use, put in nappy, put in bin. FAB

Ovent touched a disposable one since my lo had a bad rash and when i wiped he jumped in pain :( Never agaon.

Are they not the same as flannels? :blush: xx

Actually I used to use flannels with my children :) They are cheap, easy to get hold of, clean up even the most explosive poo and withstand soaking and washing really well :happydance:

Actually I used to use flannels with my children :) They are cheap, easy to get hold of, clean up even the most explosive poo and withstand soaking and washing really well :happydance:

My mum says the very same thing :) when we switched from the commercial types to cloth ones she told me she used to use flannels with warm water 'back in the day' we were cloth bummed too as babies but old style terries with pins :dohh: and spanx!

We have only just started using cloth nappies, so we haven't moved onto washable wippes yet. At the moment we use Nature baby care wipes x

My mum says the very same thing :) when we switched from the commercial types to cloth ones she told me she used to use flannels with warm water 'back in the day' we were cloth bummed too as babies but old style terries with pins :dohh: and spanx!

Yep, my babies wore old fashioned terries with pins and plastic pants :happydance:

lol i wore terries as a kid and put them on my brother and sister lol kinda glad that nappies have moved on a bit as clothes arent cut for cloth wearers anymore esp boys clothes

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->