Another sex question

Moraine

Mom to a cutie pie!
Reaction score
Has anyone heard if having sex when you are overdue actually works to get labour started? I know it's the first thing anyone says to try, but has it actually worked for anyone? I'm having trouble talking my hubby into it, but I'm eight days late now and I'm ready to just make him, as long as there is a chance it really might work.

I've had three sweeps already and they haven't worked, but if sex is that effective I'll try really hard to talk him into it.

I've no idea I'm afraid - but I've been thinking about you all day! Wondering if you had gone into hospital yet.
All I can say is - go for it! Tell him we said it works, so it must be true!! And if it doesn't then, hey, at least you had fun trying!!!
And good luck - I hope it happens really soon for you x x x

mymidwife told me last time that the only old wives tale about starting labour was the one about sex. something to do with the hormone that starts the process is in semen. i do remember reading somewhere else though that the hormone is best absorbed throuhg the stomach, so you know what that means. that might help you convince your hubby!

I had 3 sweep and on #3 my mw told me to go home and have 'a really good session with your hubby' :shock:

So on went my wedding knickers and we had a good sesh!!! It was a full moon too and my waters went at 4am!!!

x

Ha ha love it mervs mum.Well I have been like a rabbit lately and sod all has happened! It didn't work with my last baby but it did with my other 2!

Me and then husband were naughty one night,bang next day our daughter was born 4 weeks early! 2nd baby we did it doggy and carried on as normal then 3 hours later I had a show and 23 hours later my son was born (39 weeks).

Sod it hun if it dont work then it's fun!You'll be to tired for ages after.Good luck and enjoy!!!!!!

I'll admitt I've heard this is the only really reliable way to make it happen, but I only know of one person who's had to work for them.

I think you probably cant induce labour through sex unless the baby was already planning to come out soon anyway.

Thanks ladies!

Well I'm ten days overdue now, so tonight is the night for hubby to do his part so to speak! I told him he didn't have a choice!
I didn't want to have the baby on Halloween, so that's why I've waited. I've also been given an induction cocktail recipe from the midwife that has a couple tablespoons of castor oil in it, so I'll be trying that in the morning, as well as nipple stimulation, we'll see if all three things might work.

I have an appointment this morning for a non-stress test, so wish me luck that all is well!

oof a couple of tablespoons of castor oil?! make sure you've got a toilet handy lol!! i've tried everythin to get katy out, but nothin's worked. when they're ready they're ready, but the sex is probs the best way with the hormones and whatnot!

Also, doesn't having an orgasm contract your uterus?

Yer i heard about orgasm as well, apparantly it releases oxytocin which causes the uterus to contract

Worked for me like charm. But it wasnt the act of sex- it was the "deposit" he made. Good Luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->