Another update on the BFN BFP Saga!

i have read in some of the forum messages and some more experianced POAS experts who say sometimes urine is too dilute so even tho you were testing in the morning maybe its was not strong enough.

prob no help at all but good luck.

have you tried just bursting into tears and carying on at the DR saying you want to know what is going on?

i have read in some of the forum messages and some more experianced POAS experts who say sometimes urine is too dilute so even tho you were testing in the morning maybe its was not strong enough.

prob no help at all but good luck.

have you tried just bursting into tears and carying on at the DR saying you want to know what is going on?

LOL not yet I *hate* crying in front of people and wouldn't be overly emotional hence why I was surprised I had been so upset the past couple of days over this!

However the doc called me this morning at work (to tell me I would have to drop in yet another sample in the morning as she hadnt told me it needed to go in a sample tube with a white lid instead of red!! - more time wasted travelling to and from docs!) and I told her how upset I have been the past couple of days about it all and was crying on my way to work this morning. She said she understands but was quite dead pan about it to be honest so crying in front of her probs wouldnt help much lol. Plus i'd be a bit embarrassed :blush:.

At least she knows now though how upsetting I am finding it. I also asked if it is a negative test from this sample what happens next as I have now missed two periods. She said they would get me back in again to have another chat. She still didnt say they would do blood tests though!! :hissy:

I do sound like a bit of a psycho don't I :rofl: Am really quite rational and calm most of the time honestly!!

Hi,

hope you are ok, have you heard from the doc again about your latest test?

You must be so confused bless you. :hugs:

Hi,

hope you are ok, have you heard from the doc again about your latest test?

You must be so confused bless you. :hugs:[/QUOTE

Not yet Daisy I had to drop in another sample this morning to them as they didnt tell me that sample pots with different coloured lids on them were for different tests!! Something to do with enzymes in ones with red lids.... Anyhoo took a new sample down today so will see what happens!! BFN Im guessing!!! :hugs:

I am wishing you a bladder infection!!!! Then maybe your bfp's were correct lol!!!!!!! Don't give up just yet x

I am wishing you a bladder infection!!!! Then maybe your bfp's were correct lol!!!!!!! Don't give up just yet x

LOL so am I!! Never thought I would hear myself say that!!! I dont really suffer with infections, maybe a handful over my life and I'm 32 so not a lot considering.

I would just love a proper confirmed 100% BFP and my infection gone!!! sigh... :hug:

Oh Mrs this is a nightmare :hugs:

I notice you say bladder infection. Protein in your urine can cause false positive, but it is RARE!

XXX

I notice you say bladder infection. Protein in your urine can cause false positive, but it is RARE!

XXX

Thanks hun :hugs:

Have googled loads on infections and positive tests but was struggling to find some concrete information TBH. However searched on the protein in urine and saw that can cause false positives :cry:

I wonder if that's what my positives have all been then? The doc never mentioned it but TBH she didn't really know much bless her!

Still no :witch: though either :cry:. I wish it would just come if I'm not pregnant so at least I know where I stand!

XXX

Have googled loads on infections and positive tests but was struggling to find some concrete information TBH. However searched on the protein in urine and saw that can cause false positives :cry:

I wonder if that's what my positives have all been then? The doc never mentioned it but TBH she didn't really know much bless her!

Still no :witch: though either :cry:. I wish it would just come if I'm not pregnant so at least I know where I stand!

oh here...https://pregnancy.lovetoknow.com/wiki/Pregnancy_Test_False_Positives It shows nothing about protein causing false positives..but it does say that blood in the urine can cause false positives. But your last test that you took was VERY strong...there is no way that that is a false positive!

XXX

Here's a couple of links, but it is rare!

https://www.first-trimester.com/home-...-test-accuracy

https://contraception.about.com/od/co...ncytests_2.htm

Saying that, this wouldn't make your :witch: go awol! so fingers crossed it's sorted soon. Don't let them fob you off when they call, tell her you want your beta's done. After all, you pay their wages :rofl:

XXXXX

XXX

Here's a couple of links, but it is rare!

https://www.first-trimester.com/home-...-test-accuracy

https://contraception.about.com/od/co...ncytests_2.htm

Saying that, this wouldn't make your :witch: go awol! so fingers crossed it's sorted soon. Don't let them fob you off when they call, tell her you want your beta's done. After all, you pay their wages :rofl:

XXXXX

Thanks hun :hug: Am expecting to get a call from them today with a negative result so will ask them to investigate why my periods have stopped!!

I honestly do think your pregnant hun! I cant explain why your not getting BFP after the others- but that doctor sounds so silly and it has me worried TBH, but honestly I do think your pregnant!

I honestly do think your pregnant hun! I cant explain why your not getting BFP after the others- but that doctor sounds so silly and it has me worried TBH, but honestly I do think your pregnant!

I just don't know hun I really don't,

Called docs yesterday afternoon and spoke to a different GP. He said it was another negative and put me on the antibiotic to clear my infection that they arent happy to give pregnant women so he must be satisified with their tests :cry:

I had a long chat with him and he said once, many years ago, he remembers someone getting a false positive from dodgy tests. He thinks as the 5 :bfp: were the same brand (Superdrug), that this is the case. It was 3 separate boxes but all bought in the same shop over a period of about 2 weeks.

I called Superdrug customer relations and the local branch to see if they had any complaints about the tests and was told no.

I asked doc too what about my 2 missing periods, and he said that I had not missed enough to cause them concern. So basicaly nothing at this stage.:hissy:

The cramping and back pains etc. have all stopped and dont really have any pregnancy symptons that I know of so maybe I should just go with what the docs says :cry:

Oh hun, I have been fallowing this thread and I am so sorry you are going through this! It must be so nerve racking not knowing what is going on. I do hope you are pregnant but it sounds like you aren't from the doctors :( I honestly can't see you getting that many false :bfp: s though.... it doesn't make sense at all. I wish you all the best and I am thinking of you....
I found out on Mother's Day that I am pregnant, and the month before I also got a nice :bfp: on a clear blue(I don't trust those) and I started AF on time, so I didn't think anything of it. I went to our local hospital with a cold on Monday and the doc also did an internal as I mentioned I was pregnant, and had spotting at 5 weeks. He said it felt like I was around 12-14 weeks when I should only be 8 at the time so he thinks I was pregnant the month before... it's confusing so I now have an early scan booked for the 18th to date a little better and make sure everything is okay with bubs!

You could still be pregnant... weirder things have happened right? I sure hope for the best for you!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->