Another weight thread, sorry ladies.

whatwillbex

Reaction score
Blimey, Im thread happy today. My partners taking LO out for the day and BNB is my guilty pleasure lol

So is anyone finding is hard to shift this baby weight? I used to be a size 8/10 :cry:
Whilst pregnant I thought I had the weight thing under control and was eating really well and healthy better than ever. Turns out I was eating too well and I had properly piled on the pounds steadily.
My DD was 8lb 12oz and I was 16 days over due, not sure if this helped my ever growing belly.
So turned out I put on......drum roll.... 5 stone!!:dohh: how I don't know..:blush:well I do but I will pretend I don't lol
I have managed to loose about just over 3 stone but its coming off in a really funny way. My face and arms/ legs have shrunk back but my bum and thighs and belly are not budging. I'm also quite short so I look like a bit of a miss shaped balloon that has deflated. :haha:
I cant help but look at the other women at the baby groups with newborns and they all seem to have no belly's or child bearing hips. I'm getting to the point where I'm scared people will ask me if I'm pregnant again.

What's the secret ladies, let me in? :bodyb:

Slimming world for me lol. My main problem area is my bum, hips and thighs (I've been 'lucky' enough to have a pretty flat stomach after both my babies! X

You lucky thing! slimming world may be getting a call from me shortly!

I totally understand the balloon reference! I think some women just change shape after a baby. I'm down to prepreg weight and I'm absolutely terrified I'll be asked again (as in, I've been asked already) if I'm pregnant with #2. I'm 115 at 5'4", but I'm in larger pants and tops than before and I've got a proper looking baby bump. :/ I don't think I'll ever actually be 'normal' looking again. Good luck with your weight loss! I found most of mine came off from weightlifting, rather than any kind of aerobics. (Strangely enough, my face is still 'fat', too. :shrug: )

Weightlifting sounds fun, yup that's another I will try. I look like a pear from a distance :dohh: especially when I catch my reflection in a shop window is the worst! ha ha

maybe you could pull fish faces if you know what I mean lol may help?

I joined myfitnesspal and started counting calories. Then I started to do zumba and a week ago I finished Jillian Michaels 30 day shred. It has all worked wonders, I'm back in my pre-preg clothes and my tummy is considerably smaller and dareisayit - flat! I've had a week off but tomorrow I'm back on it and taking on Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30

Well done you on your weight loss! so this is what all of you have been up too.

I just assumed every was just naturally buff!

I have started to cut all my portions in half, I never realized just how much I was eating until I really sat and looked at it all. I'm also going to start running today after church. I plan on running every morning before I need to get lo and dh up for the day. I'll only be running on 5 hrs of sleep but it'll be worth it when I can fit into my 9/10 jeans again. I'm currently in US size 15/16 and I've never worn that size before. Do you still wear maternity pants? I was but now I've put them away bc wearing them you don't realize what size you are until you wear normal pants again. Also drink a lot of water! My face was starting to break out but has cleared up quite a bit after drinking more water. Have you thought about starting a weight loss journal on here? It is keeping me accountable for things bc I realize other people read it.

You've done really well to loose 3 stone so far.
I have the same problem that the baby weight is on my hips and thighs. My top half still fits into my pre-pregnancy tops but my bottom half is about 2 -3 sizes bigger.

I've just started weight watchers as I can't do it on my own. I've signed up for a 3 month plan because I don't want to be this size when we go on holiday in July.

I've read that the shape of your body can change permanently after pregnancy as things like your hips and ribcage expanding might not always go back :cry:

Nooooooooooooo I cant permanently have this bottom. lol please not the big hips... I can just about hide my belly but the thighs are proving hard to disguise. I look like im advertising those comedy cream 1950's flying trousers.

I have gone back into normal clothes all though some off the tops seem to ping back over my belly. So I spend half of the day pulling them down so my tops have all gone out of shape. ha ha I am soooo glad a Primark is near my wardrobe has become full of black tops! But as you can imagine this gets a bit depressing.

Greats - 5 hours sleep, I take my hat off to you. Your either mad or a genius! I need your motivation!

ok so I can do this, I will take all advice on board....

Slimming world, weightlifting, myfitnesspal, running and a 3month plan!! :bodyb:

ok, I will have a cup of tea first lol. My daughter will have a yummy mummy if not she will have to make do with a cuddly mummy instead.
:thumbup:

Head over to the dieting and weight loss section of the forums, I spend half my time there and everyone is lovely xx

Does anyone find that they put on weight so much more easily now. We just went away for a 5 day break and I came back 5lb heavier. How is it possible to put on weight at such speed?! I didn't eat so much to merit that kind of gain!

I'm now 12lb heavier than pre pregnancy and most is carried in my tummy.

I have the Jillian Muchaels DVD somewhere- must make the effort to do it!

Yup, I agree! I think I need to retrain my tummy and shrink it down again but I have a new love for food so I now need to retrain my brain also. :dohh:

Yup, I agree! I think I need to retrain my tummy and shrink it down again but I have a new love for food so I now need to retrain my brain also. :dohh:

If you do end up on slimming world you can literally eat loads. I was on weight watchers before and just got so fed up of counting points and struggling to cook family meals. Now I can have a massive cooked breakfast, followed by say a jacket potato and beans then gammon eggs and chips (home made) for tea.

On my first week I lost 7.5lbs (and I'm not massive now, even the lady who runs it was shocked lol). It only took me 4 weeks to lose my first stone.

I'm also now doing the 30 day shred.

Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back