Anovulatory Cycles

mrs.green2015

Reaction score
So a little background,

I had a mc Nov 6th at 8 weeks and I haven't ovulated since. I'm near the end of my 4th cycle and it looks like I won't be again. Once AF shows I'll be calling my doctor to make an appointment. Has anyone had this problem? And if so, what did the doctors do? Did it help and how long did it take?

Thanks ladies I'm just hoping my doctor actually takes me serious.

I have annovulatory cycles. Mine is due to pcos and I take clomid. I've gotten pregnant twice on it so it definitely works for me.

Thank you!
I think I may have pcos but who knows.
Last summer my doctor did a prolactin test and a thyroid stimulating hormone test which both came back normal. I assumed that meant I didn't have pcos. Because I mentioned to my doctor I was told I had lots of cyst on my ovaries in the past. According to Google that's not even the right test! Lol so apparently she was testing for something else.
And when I was pregnant the ultra sound tech asked if I had pcos.

How did they diagnose you? And how did you discourse you had anovulatory cycles?

I was diagnosed with a scan of my ovaries, some blood work that looked at hormones through my cycles and cycle history and symptoms.

11 years of unprotected sex and only being pregnant twice (both times on clomid). Also, I have temped since August and used opks for a few years. I've ovulated once on my own in the past year and once on clomid.

Thank you so much for your help. Glad it worked for you. Hopefully I get some answers soon.

Hi Mrs. Green :waves:
I'm a PCOSer as well with 1 successful pregnancy via clomid and basically total anovulation. I was also diagnosed via process of elimination and ovarian ultrasound. There are other symptoms too. Are you by chance insulin resistant? (do you carry weight around your middle like an apron? Do you get sleepy when you eat pasta or a sugary treat? It is impossible for you to lose weight without cutting carbs? ...these are clear signs of insulin resistance) Insulin issues can cause anovulation. HOWEVER, take things one step at a time. Go get blood work. See if your hormones have regulated after your MC. Do the normal tests and don't jump the gun. :) I know this journey can be so, so hard! We don't want to make it harder than it already is if it might be a simple fix.

Thanks mrs. I know it's a long process and I'm ok with that (I say that now lol) as long as I start getting some answers as to why I'm not ovulating.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->