antagonist protocol

raf-wife

Reaction score
just wondering if anyone on here has done the antagonist protocol and had success also im really keen to have 2 embryos even though they are suggesting one what do you think ?

Hi. I'm also going for the antagonist short protocol with ICSI in December.
I would also like to know if anyone has had first time success.

Where I'm going they transfer usually three embryos...one would simply not make any sense.
That would mean a lower risk of a preganancy. Usually with three you can end up with twins I've heard.

does anyone know the difference between the antagonist protocol and the short protocol

Where I'm going they transfer usually three embryos...one would simply not make any sense.
That would mean a lower risk of a preganancy. Usually with three you can end up with twins I've heard.

Replacing more than one embryo increases your chance of multiple by quite a lot, but only marginally increases your chance of pregnancy in the first place.

In the UK fertility clinics have been directed to only replace one embryo (when publicly funded) to reduce the incidence of multiples - and the associated costs to the system.

Oh okay, I'm a private patient as in South Africa medical aid does not fund it.
So I'm glad if they transfer 3 embies. If twins should happen, I won't have to go through this again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->