Anterior placenta and movements

KimmyLou

Reaction score
Hi ladies,
I'm 20+4 and as yet still not felt any movements. I had my 20 week scan yesterday and all was perfect. The sonographer noted I had a anterior placenta.
I figured that was possibly the reason that I haven't felt movements. Has anyone else got an anterior placenta and if so, when did you feel movements xx

I had one last pregnancy and I felt movements right around 21 weeks. Others could not feel them for a very long time after, but eventually they could.

I have an anterior placenta and still feel very light sporadic movement at 22 weeks. Most of the movement I feel is really low like he's kicking my cervix. If I get worried I use my Doppler and that always calms me down

This is my third time having an anterior placenta. I know the first time I was feeling solid but not regular movement by 22ish weeks. Last time I honestly don't remember when I started feeling him but I was at the hospital so often later in pregnancy as I could go full days without feeling much of anything. This time I'm almost 19 weeks and have barely felt anything.

I only had sporadic movements until about two weeks ago, so roughly 22 weeks. Since then I've had much more movement and it's daily now and I know I can provoke it by lying down and having a glass of juice. So hopefully not too much longer for you to wait. With an anterior placenta, there's a wide range of normal for consistent movements to start. So try not to worry!

Thank you all for your comments. They've reassured me as I'm not yet 21 weeks and most feelings you've all felt are are 21-22 weeks. ,,

I have anterior placenta and am almost 25 weeks. I begin about 20/21 weeks feeling kicks deep inside. Now at 24 weeks actually saw movement outside. She's up a lot further so I do feel the movements on the side and down low. Still not really any in the front though

I have an anterior placenta but it hasn't kept me from feeling her. I'm 17 weeks now and have been feeling flutters for awhile. She was going crazy during the ultrasound.

All of mine had anterior placentas.
DS- Felt movement at 20 weeks
DD1- Felt movement from 21 weeks
DD2- Felt movement from 14 weeks

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g