Anterior placenta- hardly ever feel movement but when I do it's very strong

Kmx

Reaction score
Looking for advice/experience.

I am 26 weeks & first felt movement at around 19/20 weeks. Over the past 6 weeks it has got stronger and stronger to the point where I can see elbows and legs when baby does move but she hardly EVER moves. Is this just her "normal" movements therefore I shouldn't worry?

I feel the strong movements maybe every 3 days and on the other days just a few maybe 6-7 movements that day but they will feel just like very light flicks.

Not sure whether it's a warning sign of something that she hardlt moves or whether she's just very chilled and my anterior placenta- any advice?

Ps my sister lost a baby at 38 weeks and only realised due to lack of movement so I am extra paranoid :cry:

Hi I'm almost 30 weeks and only since 27
/28 weeks have I felt more movement I went to hospital then and again today as I was worried from 28 they do mointior they say but every time baby has been ok... Im such a worrying person anyway but would sit and do easygoing to get a moment from her... I would ring your mw and tell her your concern no harm in speaking and being mointiored will Deffo make you feel better... I've also downloaded a count the kicks app which helps too... I have a anteria plectecta too xxx

Must say too also now she moves so.much more as in I can see her turn ect through my belly but she had been quiet since yesterday but all OK today xx

Thanks. I just wish she would move more/I could feel it as I struggle to relax and know she is ok without the reminders from her movements. I will give my midwige a call on Monday and see what she thinks. I haven't seen her for about 6 weeks and won't see her for another 2 weeks and so I do worry if something has went "wrong" in that time.

I understand your concern. I previously had a loss at 35 weeks, so I'm hyper vigilant about kick counts now and I currently have an anterior placenta which is a hard combination. I think my placenta must have moved up a bit, because I'm finally feeling a lot of kicks. But, some days, I still don't feel her as much. I have found one thing that is really helping me: a home doppler. It doesn't help to just listen to the heart, as that can offer false reassurance. But, with a doppler you can hear the kicks you cannot feel. When I think she's not moving enough, I check on the doppler and sure enough, there she is just kicking away at the placenta.

I hope this is useful advice to you. In the meantime, it's always better to err on the side of caution and go in to get checked out if you're not sure. I also second the suggestion about downloading a kick counting app.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->