Anterior placenta sux!!!

RichieesMom

Reaction score
this is my second pregnancy n i expected to feel flutters of some sort earlier than when i was pregnant the first time. didn't feel my first baby till about 21wks but was never told of the position of my placenta n didn't think much of it either. this time around iv read a lot of woman feeling their babies as early as 13wks in second n so on pregnancies. me, at 17wks 5days (baby measuring 18wks) i feel nothing!!! i watch him move around on ultrasounds n don't feel a single wave of anything! boooo anterior!

plz tell me I'm not alone...

I have an anterior placenta as well and I didn't feel my son (first child) kick until last Friday at nearly 20 weeks. Now I can feel kicks periodically, but most frequently when I lie down. I felt him for the first time today while I was actually walking (instead of lying/sitting). But yeah, it took a while and it does suck.

You're not alone! Mine is anterior and low, just for extra giggles. Hoping it'll move up in the next few weeks at least. I have been getting some movement (this is no. 3 for me) but very light and far from consistent, more like every 3rd day or so. I was so looking forward to the reassuring feeling of kicks and now I'm not sure they'll ever become regular at all. Can't be changed though. Hopefully you'll get some pokes soon, even if they're not all day every day.

i hope i feel something, anything in the next couple of wks. thanks for ur input girls!

i had an anterior placenta in this pregnancy and it muffled all the movements, i could feel bubbly movements but i was never sure. at my 20 week scan i got told my placenta moved and is now posterior and i now feel a lot more, though still nothing too strong. Hopefully yours will move too!!

I had anterior with my first, felt flutters at 18 weeks and kicks at 21 weeks. I've got anterior again this pregnancy so no idea when I'll feel kicks again.

I have anterior placenta and am 18 weeks. I feel flutters here and there. Every now and again when my husband talks to my belly I'll hear her kick on Doppler and rarely feel it. I thought I was crazy until they told me. She also keeps her face up against the placenta so we haven't seen her face yet.

I was about 20 weeks before I could feel anything, last time round I felt so little movement I was constantly being monitored but once I started this time its been pretty consistent

I have an anterior placenta too but it's mostly on the left side so the flutters I feel are always on the right

I have an anterior placenta and at 26 weeks still only feel the occasional jab! :(

thanks for the responses ladies! I'm very much a worrier. even tho iv seen him several times on the ultrasound moving but feeling nothing, i drive myself insane when i can't see him n feel nothing.

I have an anterior placenta! I'm 23 weeks and I've just started feeling proper kicks in the last week or so. It's so nice to finally feel them!
Hopefully it won't be too long for you x

Snap! And only started feeling today little kicks. Mine is low lying too, so praying it moves up!! Feeling your pain!

I had anterior my last 2 pregnancies. I actually cried when they told me last time that it was anterior again. I really hope it's posterior this time although I was thankful in the last few weeks when the kicks were dulled a little.

Mine was anterior at my 19 week scan, but apparently by my 23 week scan it had moved up into a fundal position. I had noticed that I'd been feeling her movements stronger and higher up by that point, but I'd figured that she was just getting bigger and stronger. But I guess it sometimes just migrates like that. Now I'm 27 weeks and I feel and see her little kicks all over the place. Fingers crossed that your placenta moves up and out of the way. :hugs:

sweetv- i hate having an anterior so much it makes me want to cry too! i know he's fine, but in the back of my head I'm always thinking the worst bcuz i don't feel him ever :( I'm 18wks today, I'm praying that ill feel something in the next couple of wks.

isme- thats so cool urs moved, i hope i get that lucky!

You absolutely should start to feel him soon and it will become somewhat regular. I found myself being scanned more regularly for peace of mind which was kind of nice too and he was doing cartwheels in there. The technician was like "seriously you can't feel that!?".... Nope.

I'm 18 weeks today with my third and just starting to feel flutters most days now. Hoping to get an actual kick soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->