Anti-biotics

Lindyloo

mummy to 2 + twin angels
Reaction score
I was prescribed anti-biotics for an infection that was found after I went to the dr's because I had been bleeding for longer than I expected following my loss.

I didnt think to ask the dr when we could start bd'ing again... does anyone know?

I was hoping that we could as soon as I finished them because I am getting down about having bled for so long and then the infection etc. I have irregular and long cycles anyway and am worried about how long it will take for my body to get over over the mc and infection :(

Thank you x

Hi Lindyloo, depends on which anti-boitics the Doctors prescribed you, some are safe, they tend to be the more common one's such as amoxycillin, best to check with your Doctor, hope this helps a little!

I was told that I was fine to DTD as soon as i stopped bleeding after taking them...if that makes sense? x

which has the Doctor prescribed? i've taken amoxycillin and cefalexin whilst ttc and pregant? does that help? i would definately check tho x

The dr has prescribed me Clarithromycin, I had stopped bleeding before I started the antibiotics because I had been taking other tablets to stop it!

I still have 3 more days of antibiotics left to take, am then supposed to wait a week and go back to nurse for swab and then I guess wait another week for the results.
I am the most impatient person because we agreed that we both wanted to start ttc and I need that closeness at the moment but I really dont want to make the infection worse or cause any more problems.

x

The dr has prescribed me Clarithromycin, I had stopped bleeding before I started the antibiotics because I had been taking other tablets to stop it!

I still have 3 more days of antibiotics left to take, am then supposed to wait a week and go back to nurse for swab and then I guess wait another week for the results.
I am the most impatient person because we agreed that we both wanted to start ttc and I need that closeness at the moment but I really dont want to make the infection worse or cause any more problems.

x

As regards the Clarithromycin could you google it? I'm a pharmacy dispenser and my small amount of knowledge of this antibiotic is that its not one thats prescribed an enormous amount and the one's that tend to be given to pregnant/ttc women are the very common one's ie amoxicillin as these have much more known about their side effects and possible risk to pregnancys etc

I'd personally wait for the all clear from the results of your swabs, but i know how you feel when you say you need the closeness, sorry your going through this, hope i've helped a little, good luckx:hugs:

*hugs hun*

I would wait until the all clear from your swabs too then because I was prescrived Clarithromycin at first and they didn't work for me (but I knew that because I was still bleeding).

My doctor then prescribed me doxycycline and andother antibiotic that I can't remember the name of to take at the same time and they seemed to do the trick.

I hope it all clears up for you quickly hun *hugs* because I know how frustrating it is! x x x

Thank you clo. I know you are so right but I just dont know how I'm gonna get through these 2 1/2 weeks. There are so many other couples who have had their BFP by this point ( which is really great and on a good day makes me think that there is hope for me) and we have only been able to dtd a couple of times before I found out I had infection. It's so hard. Sorry for the moan, just feeling down today :(

Thank you clo. I know you are so right but I just dont know how I'm gonna get through these 2 1/2 weeks. There are so many other couples who have had their BFP by this point ( which is really great and on a good day makes me think that there is hope for me) and we have only been able to dtd a couple of times before I found out I had infection. It's so hard. Sorry for the moan, just feeling down today :(

It's ok hun - you are allowed to moan! *hugs*

I felt the same when I had my infection and now that i've finally got rid of it my body doesn't seem to want to ovulate so I know how frustrating it is!

You might not have to wait a week for the results of the swab - mine came back after 3 days and I just phoned the doctors and asked the receptionist what they said.

I'll keep everything crossed that your infection goes away quickly and that you can get back to TTC soon and get your BFP! x

crumbs...yeh. hadnt even thought as far ahead as the ovulation bit. I used to take Soya isoflavines to help!!!.. I hope that you ovulate and get back to normal soon x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->