Anti depressants while pregnant?

Lois22

Mum to Emilia
Reaction score
Hey,

Me and my husband are currently trying to conceive baby #2. With my first pregnancy I was just on amitriptyline 10mg a day. I decided to stay on as I'd been on it for years and going cold turkey was awful.

After having my daughter I got really and postnatal depression and now also on fluoxetine (sp?) 10mg. The doctor said I can't be on anything while pregnant especially not that.

Is anyone else on it and had a healthy pregnancy? I'm too scared to stop as I'll be am anxious wreck again! I feel so happy and myself again. Not sure how long it takes to leave your system either.

My friend was told to stop taking them by her doctor due to it can caus complications to baby if I was you I would visit your gp and check what they think I right for you different gp's suggest different medications if you don't feel comfortable taking them don't and demand your go to change them sweetheart good luck on your journey

My doctor and I discussed my antidepressents when I told her my intention of getting pregnant. Luckily when I was put on cipralex, she had checked Mothers Risk because I was breastfeeding. We've decided that I will stay on it during my pregnancy as the benefits far outweigh any risks. She says there aren't many studies only because doing testing on pregnant women is frowned upon.

the only thing she is worried about is the baby withdrawing when I give birth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->