Anti-Natal classes

lily24

Reaction score
Whats everyones views on the classes? Is it really necessary to attend them? I havent been given any encouragment from my midwife to do so, just wondering if theres anyone else who doesnt feel the need to attend...

Its all personnal preference..Im going because they encouraged me and my husband to go..And you get something called Care Cash when you go 10 bucks each for attending and 10 each when you do your homework..You learn alot and you get a free new car seat if you earn 60 or pack n play with bassinet new 40..They offer alot of help..You may already have great motherly instincts and don't need it or want it..Its whats best for you no one can judge that..You may already have experience raising family members or others..feel me..good luck :hugs:

I´m not sure. My midwife hasn´t mentioned them to me yet, but I´m sure they´ll be in Spanish and I don´t think mine is that good to sit thru a class and pretend to understand it all!!!!!

OMG - you just reminded me that mine was meant to be today!! :dohh:

Too late now!

Lots of people find them useful for meeting new friends more than anything else. Most of the info they'll give you though you could just as easily read in books and online.

I didn't hear about my classes till I was 28 weeks pregnant & I got a letter in the post.

We had to book ours early as it's only a small place where we live and they book up pretty fast. We decided to attend as we're both first time parents and have absolutley no clue about babies!!!!

I really think it depends on the ante-natal class to be honest. Would I go back to mine? That's a joke!!! :rofl: I knew everything they said from watching the discovery channel. I'm going with instinct this time.

My midwife hasn't mentioned mine, and I'm not fussed about them.

Me and my OH attended our first class last week, they are free so we thought as we are both first timers that it was a good opportunity. We learnt a few bit's and bob's but it was nice to see other people who are going through the same problems and fears I'm having. Personally I think they are good :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->