antibiotics and pregnancy

avistar

#1DD and preg with #2
Reaction score
Just wanted to ask you ladies about taking antibiotics and being pregnant...I have read online that most are safe but some aren't....I have to take Amoxicilen <~~~ (or however you spell it) for my gums since I have an infection and am 7 days late. I have tested with all BFNs but am waiting to test again.

I had a UTI the month before I got PG but it was during the 2ww so I was unsure - so the Dr put me on a special antibiotic and only for 3 days instead of the usual week. There are definitely good and bad ones to take - check with your Doctor.

I went to the dentist with wisdom tooth pain 2 weeks ago..
Dentist told me when u are pregnant antibiotics arent totally safe in first trimester BUT if u wish they can prescribe u a 3 day course (not the full 5 day one)
I obviously dont want to take any risks so didnt take them & did the salty mouth gargles, took a bit of paracetemol...

I'd ask your pharamcist, you don't even need to go and ask a doctor unless they tell you to. At this really early stage I wouldn't think it'd make a difference though but obviously I don't really know! I've got a UTI and was put on Cefradin for a week although I've had to stop taking it as it made me horrifically sick! yuck.

I was just prescribed amoxicillin for an ear infection. I called my OB and they assured me it is safe. Infections in the body are also dangerous to the baby. I would just check with your doctor.

Chefsara - my dr told me today that my baby wouldn't be bothered by my UTI. The only way it will get bothered if is it's not dealt with and I get really poorly. So I'm not going to worry about it. nonono.

I'm on amoxicillin now and it's one of the two antibiotics that I could have had while in the 1st trimester (for a UTI anyway)...I think in the second trimester the range gets a bit bigger. Fingers crossed none of us will need them!

Since my doctor said it was safe, I need to take something to start making a dent in the pain that this infection is causing me. If it weren't for the pain, I'd probably stick it out, but it's unbearable!

Since my doctor said it was safe, I need to take something to start making a dent in the pain that this infection is causing me. If it weren't for the pain, I'd probably stick it out, but it's unbearable!

Hi ChefSara - my partner is 10 weeks pregnant and has an ear infection...hate seeing her in so much pain but also have the added worry about the pregnancy. So much so i did a google on ear infections and pregnancies and came directly to this post. I was wondering how you got through it...its just she was prescribed co-codamol 30/500 for the pain and also antibotics (without being examined), and i'm a bit skeptical about the pill popping at such an early stage. She's in tears because of the pain in the last few days and i feel completely useless....although i guess you got through it ok and i'm just being an over protective idiot...i hope!!

btw brilliant site!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->