Antibiotics cause metallic odour? Help =(

Butterfly89

Mama of 1
Reaction score
So embarrassing question.. can antibiotics CAUSE a metallic odour to discharge? I am on Biaxin/clarithromycin for a bad sinus infection and I have noticed a metallic taste in my mouth almost all the time, and its awful! It tastes like stomach acid or copper or something!

But I also noticed I have a similar odour down there...

I just really doubt its BV since I am really prone to pH imbalance, maybe because of endometriosis or IC or my partner's sugar addiction (lol who knows), and I do a monthly wash after my period ends (which is when I sometimes get trouble) with peroxide 3% followed by a probiotic capsule internally and externally for 1-3 days and that usually sets things in order.

But this time its just not going away. No itching or burning though and no signs of yeast. And I have tried the antibiotics route for BV and it didn't work!

I really hope it goes away when I'm done taking them, but I have 5 more days and I O on wednesday.. I'm so embarrased to let OH near me but I don't wanna miss this month.. =(

Well flagyl is well known to give you a metallic taste in your mouth, so I don't see why other antibiotics couldn't! And personally, I find that 'down there' reflects what I've been eating, so I guess it's possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->