Antibodies support.

babytots

Reaction score
Is there any ladies who have antibodies during pregnancy? I've spoken to a couple of ladies after finding out I have big E antibodies and they have been really reassuring but like anything in pregnancy no one can predict the future and it would be nice to find others in the same boat so we can support each other during our pregnancies.

Having had a loss in the 2nd trimester it weighs heavy on my mind that these antibodies may potentially make my baby ill before he/she is even here. The thought of even losing another child in the later trimesters scares the beejeezus out of me.

Hopefully will get an appointment through soon to see my consultant and discuss it all properly. x

Hi babytots :) You know I'm here for you! saw this thread and it's so crazy no one else replied! We're very special!

My section is tomorrow and I'll let you know what affects baby seems to have if any. One thing that surprised me is that the perinatalogist wanted baby out at 37w! So maybe be prepared for an early delivery.

Thinking of you!

Thanks hun thought I would start a thread here rather then take over our other one. Yes we must be very special lol.

Lots of luck for your section today let me know when baby has arrived. I'll probably be induced before my due date anyways due to my labour with my youngest (suffered a 4th degree tear which hasn't healed as it should) so that coupled with the antibodies should mean an induction at 38 weeks. X

Thank you! Everything went well and ds had bloods drawn and he seems unaffected :) rooting for the same for you!

Aww congratulations!!!! Does he have a name? How much did he weigh? So pleased to hear he has been unaffected by the antibodies that must be such a relief.

Still awaiting to hear from my consultant. Asked today at the clinic after I had my nuchal scan and they said the consultant still had my notes and that once they got them back they will book an appointment so I probably won't be seen til 20 weeks+

Not sure it will be worth ringing the consultants secretary to try and bring forward an appointment as like you said before its not til 16 weeks that the antibodies take effect. Its really stressing me as I just want confirmation in how they are going to handle my care so I can be reassured. x

Got an appointment through today to attend the blood clinic at the hospital. So pleased the ball is finally rolling x

Hi there -
I'm wondering, by antibodies do you mean blood platelet issues? I believe my son was born with NAIT (neonatal alloimmune thrombocytepenia). I dont have the official diagnosis yet, but will be testing for it next month.
If we have incompatible blood platelet types, our future babies will be affected by NAIT as well.
From what I've read about NAIT, it has a lot to do with having antibodies present in the mothers blood during pregnancy and delivery.

Babytots, do you have blood results yet?

KozmikKitten, I'm unfamiliar with NAIT as the antibody issue in my pregnancy had to do with red blood cells. But I'm very interested to know more. You'll have to share what you find out! If it's related to alloimunization, I'm sure a lot of the info will be similar.

My little one is named Jude! He was 6lbs 11oz :) They took him at 37+2 but he was still a good size.:) He's a good eater and sleeper so far and even though I had a c section I'm feeling really good!

Congrats ttc on your lil one! Love his name - so cute!

I dont have an apt for another month, and then IF they test us that day, it will be another 2 weeks for the results. So 6 weeks at the earliest to find out if NAIT is what we have.

KozmikKitten I'm unfamilar with NAIT too as like TTC I have issues with my red blood cells. I hope the appointment comes round quickly for you hun.

TTC such a lovely name and what a fab size too. Glad to hear you are both doing well.

Well what a crap couple of days I have had. Went to the blood clinic yesterday blood taken. Was told I would have them taken 4 weekly til 28 weeks and then 2 weekly from then on. Great I thought as its the same as what my friend is having (we both go to the same hospital). I then asked her when my results would be in so she said 2 weeks and then said hold on I'll just check the last lot of results from when I was 8 weeks. They were at 4 which is great she then noticed the hospital that deals with the blood tests had left a note stating that no further action was needed til 28 weeks because they were at a low level.

I'm so upset the regular monitoring was what was going to keep me sane during the pregnancy knowing something was going to be done to keep an eye on the antibodies. Now all I can think about is my baby getting ill before 28 weeks and I won't have a clue :cry: I can't let that happen and I refuse to wait 14 weeks for another blood test.

The nurse just told me to sit tight and wait for my 16 week midwife appointment where I will get yesterdays blood results.

I'm putting in a complaint to the hospital liaison service who I'm hoping can speak to my consultant and we can go from there. Its always the same with each rainbow pregnancy I have had to fight for my care one way or another :cry: x

Babytots, I'm sorry :hugs: The hospitals don't understand how stressful this is on mom's! It's awful! 4 is a very good level...Yes, BUT mine were 8 up until 25 weeks and suddenly 64! Things can change fast! Good job for fighting for your care!

KozmikKitten, I hope they'll test your baby soon so you can get answers!

They really don't do they hun. Hopefully I can get somewhere with the hospital and have them monitor them. Like you say the levels can rise at any given time and they don't have a crystal ball they can't determine if my levels will stay low of they will rise. I have also read that at any point the antibodies can attack i.e some women have low levels and baby is affected some have really high levels and baby is fine. It's all pot luck isn't it. X

Quick update. Finally put a complaint into PALS yesterday and today I got a phone call from my consultant asking me to go in and see her on Monday to go through my notes and talk things through. I'm really hoping she can see how important it is to me that the monitoring continues. Not only the sake of my babies health but to help reassure me and stop the anxiety from building up. My last set of levels should be in by then too x

good luck today babytots! I hope your provider has a welcoming and listening ear to hear your concerns!

Thanks hun it didn't go as well as I had hoped :( consultant basically agreed with the other hospital in regards to testing but has booked me in for another blood test at 18 weeks then I will have to wait til 28 weeks for my next test.

Still worrying and panicking but there's not much more I can do :( x

Oh no :( I'm so sorry it didn't go well :( Did you get your titers from your last test?

I'm sorry babytots!
That is so frustrating. I will keep my fingers crossed that your baby stays safe! Keep up posted on test results and such!

Thanks ladies. Yes I did ttc they were still at 4 so at least thats something and they haven't risen. She said that anti-E is the least likely one to cause problems for baby so thats why they aren't doing the regular testing but when you are an angel mummy nothing they can say will stop you from worrying that you will be one of those rare ones that it effects iykwim.

How are you getting on Kozmick? x

I've got my genetic counseling apt on Monday morning.
We ntnp this month, and I will take a test on Monday. I think it might be too early to get a pos test, but I will take one anyway just because I feel like it makes sense to know if I'm preg or not on the day of the apt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->