anxiety and panic attacks!!

bexbaby

Reaction score
So I'm 5 weeks + now with my 2nd baby :) I do suffer from panic attacks anyway but I had them all under control, I'm currently taking 50mg sertraline which was prescribed to me months before I got pregnant, but the last 2 nights just before I'd go to sleep I'd have a random out burst of fear and a huge panic attack would kick in. I'm not sure if this is something to do with me being so early in my pregnancy or something else. Is anyone else on prescribed meds or ever experienced something similar? (Also been told sertraline is fine to take whilst pregnant by gp)

Xx

I have a history of anxiety, panic attacks and depression. All have been well controlled with medication and self awareness. My doctor took me off my prescribed medications till the first trimester is over and will put me back on medications when I see him next week.

I am a nurse and I worked in open heart surgery. When hubby and I decided to get pregnant we also decided that I would not work (thankfully we can afford this option) as we didn't want the added work stress with my history of anxiety to harm the baby.

I would suggest talking to your doctor about the increase in panic attacks and anxiety as you might have to have an increase in medications or your doctor can at least monitor the frequency and severity. However, there is so much changes going on in the body with being pregnant that can cause us to have an increase in anxiety.

Good luck!

Im actually going to the doctor's tomorrow so I'll tell him about my attacks etc. I do actually think it might be due to me working I currently do a lot of hours and I have a 1 year old already also my partner works so it is hard at times I think maybe I need a break just to chill out and relax. Thanks for your reply.
:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->