Anxiety around anomaly scan

Jennifurball

Mother of 1 and a bump!
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am more worried this time around as there have been more instances lately where people I know haven't had the best news at their anomaly scan, one even sadly lost hers during labour due to one of the trisotomys :( and it just won't leave me. I am convincing myself something is wrong and it is ruining the pregnancy.

I got low risk for my combined screening at 13 weeks but I know this isn't 100%. I also had a wellbeing check at 18 weeks privately which she said nothing bad was showing and baby was looking great although I know that they aren't as thorough.

It isn't until Monday, I will be 20+6 so waiting a bit longer than expected. So sick of wishing time away for one reason or another!! It has been a difficult pregnancy for me emotionally due to my ex, I had bleeding early on because of the stress he caused, even now he has left a dark cloud over me because I know what crap is coming when baby is here. I know stress is bad for baby so that is adding to the stress!

I have my scan on friday and i am with ya!

Its scary and terrifing, there are alot more things i know about now that i know could happen, it sometimes feels like watching a plane crash and knowing your getting on the next flight, dramatic but pretty much sums it up for me!

I skipped midwife appointment at 18 weeks, probably not the best choice for them but every time ive went for 18 week midwife appointment ( twice) they have told me "oh dear your fundal height is weeks behind!" then caused panic for the rest of the pregnancies! my 1st kid was 9lbs and my 2nd was 8lbs! even though they where constanty telling me the babies where to small due to midwifes and their measuring tapes!

my 20 week scan is 21+ because they wanted to send me miles away and give me GPS cords to find it, i dont drive, ive never even been near where they where sending me so i said couldnt do it and got an appointment at hospital im booked into!

Anywho, my pregnancy isnt someone else's, its mine, a new baby that wont have problems because i know more about what can turn up, im staying focused on that, atm my bubs is a healthy baby in there! until i hear otherwise im going to believe it!

Facebook is the worst for it, so im avoiding facebook for a while, all the people sharing there stories to raise awareness about this or that, could cripple me with fear before the scan! Its the same as avoiding the posts with a sad tagline in the first trimester forum seeing it makes you paranoid about whats around the corner >.<

Dont worry about your ex either, when the time comes things will get sorted one way or another, my ex has his parents to back him up, ive got erm... yeah anyway an ex can stomp about and demand this or that and be a complete tool, let him work away, ignore what you can and when babys born then things can get sorted, i know ill let my ex visit but if he thinks hes taking my newborn out for wee day trips hes another thing coming! but ill deal with that when the time comes, atm im to busy growing a baby!

i started typing and forgot to stop somewhere along in there, main point, focus on the positives, if your home alone and over thinking pick up whatever device you use and google baby clothes or new cot sets! its what keeps me sane lol

I Felt the same! I was taking pregabalin for anxiety before I found out I was pregnant (7 weeks) and was certain that I'd hurt my baby! I had panic attacks, couldn't sleep, kept crying but it turns out he was fine! When discussing it with my therapist he recommended mindfulness and self soothing which has been very helpful. Also I personally found it helpful to me to quote Harry Potter (I know, silly) it's Hagrid's quote "what's comin' will come an' we'll meet it when it does"

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->