Anxiety in first tri

waiting2c

Reaction score
Hey all

Just wanting to post to get all of what is in my head down on paper.

This is my third pregnancy, due in September but I am really struggling with my head and anxiety about miscarriage this time... I dont know how to stop it!

I am 9 weeks today, had a scan at 6.2 and saw a heartbeat of 123bpm. I dont know if that is good or not?

Dont have another scan for 3 weeks and am just so scared and worried that things are not going well in there. Have been miserable with nausea for a couple of weeks but now the past two days its gone away and now that has worried me even more!

I know that there is nothing I can do to stop it if that was to happen, and also know there is no reason why it would but just keep worrying anyway.

Cant do private scans here and dont meet my midwife till the week before my scan is due so just feel like its all outside of my control at the moment.

I think its worse for me because my husband wanted to pull the pin on TTC then i found out I was pregnant so I know this is it, if I lose it I lose the chance.

Sorry I am rambling! Am I the only one that thinks like this or is this normal?

Hi waiting2c,

I'm sorry to hear that you're struggling - I think anxieties about mc are normal. I really struggled with it with my DD, with it consuming my thoughts a lot. I'm not sure I have any great advice, but maybe when you notice your thoughts heading in that direction you could consciously stop yourself by doing something to distract you. Or if it really is making you miserable and you can't control it at all maybe you could contact your doctor or midwife early to speak to them about it?

Hi Waiting,

I'm sorry that you've been feeling anxious :hugs: I am pregnant with my second and I feel more worried this time around myself. I agree with bump.on.brain that finding something to distract you could be helpful. Energy can definitely be hard to muster, especially in the first tri, but exercise can boost your mood and alleviate symptoms associated with anxiety. So, moving around when you're feeling down could help. Also, journaling is very cathartic. Something about putting pen to paper is said to lower your stress level. Also, nausea disappearing is not an indicator of anything bad. So, feeling less sick doesn't mean you are less pregnant.

I do hope you feel better and that you continue to have a healthy pregnancy! :flower:

Hi - I’m 9 weeks too and also constantly terrified! I did read that at around 10 weeks your placenta takes over and morning sickness eases so maybe that’s what’s happened with your morning sickness. I’ve barely had any morning sickness or symptoms at all which has really increased my worry! I don’t have any advice about how to stop the worrying unfortunately, but seeing the heartbeat is a really good sign - we saw ours at 6+6 and there was a heartbeat but they didn’t tell me the speed which has been worrying me since! The nurse said that seeing the heartbeat at 7 weeks drops the risks to like 90% and I know a heartbeat over 100 is a good sign, so things are looking good for you!
Even if things do go wrong (which I’m sure they won’t), maybe this process may change your husband’s mind?

I hear ya!! I've been a nervous wreck too, this is my first pregnancy and I have no idea what to expect so every little change in nerve wracking.

This might sound a little weird, but I've been keeping a rock in my pocket, and every time I feel or notice the rock I think "healthy baby!" and immediately redirect my attention solely on what I was doing while I noticed the rock. It's a good way to train your brain to think of your baby as happy as a clam in there! The more you think of a certain thing the stronger the synapses related to that thought become, making your brain jump to that thought more often and less consciously. So I use the rock to think positive thoughts about the health of my baby, I find it helps calm me down!

I wouldn't worry too much about nausea though, it seems like that's the most flexible symptom pregnant women have :) I've had food aversion, but I've only felt nauseous a couple of times when I smelled overcooked meat. Eww. My mom didn't have any nausea at all with either me or my brother, so it sounds like that's an easy-come-easy-go thing :)

Thank you all for your lovely replies! I am trying to redirect my thoughts and stay positive, there is no reason things won’t go well. The days where Work keeps me super busy are better as I have no time to think about it. Less than 3 weeks till scam day now!

I am due Sept 10th and about 9 weeks and 1 day. All I do is sleep and worry. I had a scan last week and will have another in exactly 2 weeks and 2 days. They say when you see a heartbeat it’s better and your risk goes down but i worry my placenta wont take over this week. How crazy right? My husband said all I do is sleep and worry. My mom thinks I have depression. I’m normally small but feel like I’m 3 months pregnant. I have really bad headaches that seem to have subsided. Sorry to be a downer. I think with the internet now we read too much bad stuff and don’t focus on the positive. I feel so safe on this board and I read everything you guys post and it makes me feel better. Every Sunday I progress to another week. I wish all the best for you girls.

Completely normal fears! I hope the weeks until the next scan are flying by and you get to see/hear your LO soon! :hugs:

Hey all - just wanted to update, had my 12 week scan this week and everything was perfect! managed to keep a lid on my anxiety for the 2 weeks heading up to it, telling myself why would it not be okay.. I have better odds of continuing than not.

Feeling much much more relaxed now and going to enjoy the rest of this pregnancy as it will be our last baby!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->