Anxiety over bfp

Erika_Whitney

Reaction score
I just got my bfp at what I think was 9/10 dpo. I thought once we got it I would be over the moon excited and just be a glowing happy pregnant lady. This has not been the case at all. I am so nervous and stressed that something is going to go wrong or little bean isn't going to stick. Of course everywhere on the internet tells you not to expect your first time getting pregnant to lead to a baby because mcs are so common. And of course I haven't stopped testing, taking frers and digitals to confirm what I already know. Now I'm on a kick about are my lines getting dark enough?? First bfp and first baby, anyone else go through these feelings? How did you cope? I couldn't get a dr. Appt for another 2 weeks so I'm scared it will go on that long, I can't sleep or concentrate on anything else and I am getting terrible headaches :(

Bottoms is this morning fmu

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 20
Yes we all feel like that. Stop testing. That is a clear line. The first trimester is full of waiting. I'd just try to relax and enjoy this until your doctors appointment. Congrats!

I still feel like that seven weeks along. I've not had any appointments yet, it is all just a waiting game, particularly till the twelve week scan. You're not alone xxxx

Your lines are defo getting stronger. I was like you, still am at 13 weeks. You just have to try and relax and enjoy it till you see your doctor. Stressing will not be good for you or baby. Just try and rest a lot. Congratulations :)

I feel exactly the same but every day that passes (i'm 7+1 now) helps me feel less anxious than the day before...it really does seem to be all about taking it a day at a time in the first trimester! We hear a lot about miscarriages on the internet but they give us such a skewed view that i'm trying to ignore them, so many women go on to have healthy first, second, third and even more pregnancies without a single miscarriage and only focusing on the negative outcomes makes us stress out more. It's much easier said than done though! X

Thanks everyone. I guess I am so nervous because this was a tad unexpected because I think I ovulated super late in my cycle, so I'm not entirely sure when I ovulated, just going off Lh surges, which I have had several ones this past month. I got my bfp on cd41!! All neg up until then, but I don't think I ovulated until cd32. I got my blood done this morning but won't know numbers until the morning. Ughhhhhhh.

It's normal to worry, and I think I did it so much in my first pregnancy that I didn't enjoy it!

progression looks awesome! Time to stop testing. Take care of yourself. I didnt become a happy glowing pregnant women until after 12 weeks when I finally got to hear the heartbeat a couple of times. And I'm still stressed ;)

I never had bloods done. I went in about a week after my bfp for a urine test, then scheduled my first appointment and dating scan. Dont worry about the numbers, dont worry about line darkness, try not to worry about things you can't control!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->