• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Anxiety

bbbbbbb811

Reaction score
I am very anxious about something happening to my children, when we go out I just try to keep everyone in touching distance but I get so anxious that I get very stressed and then I'm having a bad time and the children are frustrated. It's not just out the house, it's in the house, when they are with other people(including their dad), I've put off flying for years now because I'm scared the plane will go down and I'll lose my children. I know it's normal to worry, but I feel like mine is over the top, I'm just so scared something will happen, either I lose them, they choke on food, they fall in a pond, anything!
Is there any tips to lessen it, so I don't feel stressed 24/7? It's not always been this way, but the last six months I would say

You might want to speak with someone about you feelings, like a doctor or counselor. Feelings of worry are normal, but feelings that keep you from normal life or your children from enjoying life are a problem.

Hey
You have summed up a lot of how I feel with my two daughters. They are almost five and three so for a few years I've had to have eyes and ears everywhere. I have found lately I'm an increasingly anxious when I take them out, so much so I am mindful of where we go. I fear someone will take them, they will get lost or hit by a car. I avoid shopping centres with them and public transport.
I've spoke to my husband and he says I read the news and think too much. He is supportive though and said just to go where I feel comfortable. I do have my 'go to' places. Certain parks, the farm (we have a membership) and soft play. I also used to go to parent and toddler groups.
Just letting you know you're not alone and whilst it is horrible being so anxious it's very hard to just ignore how you feel.
Our children are so precious, if me being a little over anxious stops something bad happening then it's all for good reason.

You might want to speak with someone about you feelings, like a doctor or counselor. Feelings of worry are normal, but feelings that keep you from normal life or your children from enjoying life are a problem.

It's me rather than them, because we still do everything but it just come with a lot of stress for me. Thank you for your response

Hey
You have summed up a lot of how I feel with my two daughters. They are almost five and three so for a few years I've had to have eyes and ears everywhere. I have found lately I'm an increasingly anxious when I take them out, so much so I am mindful of where we go. I fear someone will take them, they will get lost or hit by a car. I avoid shopping centres with them and public transport.
I've spoke to my husband and he says I read the news and think too much. He is supportive though and said just to go where I feel comfortable. I do have my 'go to' places. Certain parks, the farm (we have a membership) and soft play. I also used to go to parent and toddler groups.
Just letting you know you're not alone and whilst it is horrible being so anxious it's very hard to just ignore how you feel.
Our children are so precious, if me being a little over anxious stops something bad happening then it's all for good reason.

I also have places that I see as 'safe' that I know aren't going to be busy or have hazards. Thank you, it's nice to know I'm not on my own, and other parents feel like this. I have a few friends with children and they all seem so relaxed and I'm stressing out trying to keep mine together and safe

Firstly I think your brave for admitting there's and issue sometimes that's half the battle

Secondly I know exactly how you feel and can relate . I am terrified that something is going to happen to one of my girls . I've been on medication for it in the past and it really helped .

I know it's hard but you need to try to make sure they don't pick up on your anxiety. I think the world we live in does play a major part in anxiety issues . I would just go where you feel comfortable with and build on it from there .

I would go to your GP they will help with either medication or CBT which I've had both and found really helpful . My husband jokes when I'm having a bad day and says I am letting the chimp in my head control me lol .

It's good that he supports and understands you and you have someone to relate your fears and anxiety too .

It's me rather than them, because we still do everything but it just come with a lot of stress for me. Thank you for your response

It's not healthy for you either! You deserve better, to be able to enjoy your children growing without irrational worry and stress. I suffer from anxiety, I have been on medication and in therapy in the past, I understand. :hugs:

Firstly I think your brave for admitting there's and issue sometimes that's half the battle

Secondly I know exactly how you feel and can relate . I am terrified that something is going to happen to one of my girls . I've been on medication for it in the past and it really helped .

I know it's hard but you need to try to make sure they don't pick up on your anxiety. I think the world we live in does play a major part in anxiety issues . I would just go where you feel comfortable with and build on it from there .

I would go to your GP they will help with either medication or CBT which I've had both and found really helpful . My husband jokes when I'm having a bad day and says I am letting the chimp in my head control me lol .

It's good that he supports and understands you and you have someone to relate your fears and anxiety too .

I do try, and I do everything they want us to do but I get very stressed if it's a place that very busy, they could get easily lost or have open hazards(big ponds, near to road etc). But I will go see a GP, thank you. It's loads better when I go with my sister, she is very hands on with my children and between us I feel comfortable and actually have a good time. And I wish every time was like that. Thank you

It's not healthy for you either! You deserve better, to be able to enjoy your children growing without irrational worry and stress. I suffer from anxiety, I have been on medication and in therapy in the past, I understand. :hugs:

Thank you, I will go see a GP. I would love to be less stressed and enjoy every experience with them

I do try, and I do everything they want us to do but I get very stressed if it's a place that very busy, they could get easily lost or have open hazards(big ponds, near to road etc). But I will go see a GP, thank you. It's loads better when I go with my sister, she is very hands on with my children and between us I feel comfortable and actually have a good time. And I wish every time was like that. Thank you

One time it WILL be like that and you won't even notice it until you've got home !!. Xx

I used to have the emotions also. They started consuming me after awhile so I went to my Dr. with my concerns. Meditation helps gain control over the thoughts!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->