• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Anxious 4 year old

catty

Reaction score
Iv not been on here too much lately but find everyone always gives good honest advice so thought i would see what you all think.

My son is 4 and has been in school nursery for a year and he started his second year in August. Since coming back from the school holidays he has cried nearly everyday going in. Id say at least twice a week but sometimes more. He is very cuddly with the nursery staff and likes to be close to them, when they line up and hold another childs hand Lucas always holds the teachers hand.

Here are some examples i have been given by nursery staff -
The teacher explained to the children there would be a fire alarm going off and it would be loud. Everyone was fine with it but Lucas cried hysterically saying it was too loud and scary.
- They go to P.e once a week and each week Lucas crys so much he gets taken back to class. I asked him why he said children he didnt know looked at him on the way there.

Some examples out of nursery -
He goes to football every sat and his dad takes him. On the way in there is always alot of older schoolkids messing around and Lucas is terrified and gets all tense and scared he then doesnt want to do football but is fine after about 10 mins.
- today we went to the book fayre at school and there was a show on in the hall beside us, he was getting upset because the music was too loud.

So today the teacher said to me she would like to discuss it a little as he wasnt like this last year and he seems upset alot and wants to be alone alot now when he used to play with kids before.

I feel really worried about it, what if she brings up something i didnt realise before when hes in the comfort of his own home hes a funny boy, likes imaginative play, loves books and his sisters.

Has anyone had similar to this? Is it a phase? I feel like nowadays he crys so often i sometimes dread doing things which obviously isnt good for him either.

Have you asked him how loud music makes him feel, does it hurt his ears? I personally would go and discuss with the GP. I vaguely remember a friend having a similar issue and he had withdrawn from his surroundings ... there was a reason but I have forgot the finer details.

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"